Find
Notify
Tools

357 Herrett
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mousegun
posted
I aquired some dies for this cartridge. Does anybody know anything about it? Does anybody need a set of dies?

------------------------------------
Originally posted by BART185

I've had another member on this board post an aireal photograph of my neighborhood,post my wifes name,dig up old ads on GunsAmerica,call me out on everything that I posted. Hell,obmuteR told me to FIST MYSELF. But you are the biggest jackass that I've seen yet, on this board!
--------------------------------------

-Ratboy

Posts: 194 | Location: Copperhead Road | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I had a barrel for my contender in this. It was fine for deer size critters, but I used the .223 barrel much more. I sold mine. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
ive still got a 10" tc barrel stashed somewhere... really liked the performnce, as compared to the 357 rem max.... if the dies are for sale, i'll offer $25 shipped to me in tx...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back in the 70's, it made the Contender a true "hand cannon". I have used it successfully on average bull moose and caribou in Alaska at very close ranges with the old 200 gr. round nosed, 35 Rem. bullet.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 622 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I had one for awhile on my contender. The best loads were with AA 1680 and a 200 gr hard cast bullets. Velocity was jsut shy of 2000 fps from the 10" barrel, and 100 yd groups hovered around 1" for 3 shots.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
my plans are to rebarrel a m94 win with a 20 or 22" octagon bbl... leave the original mag full length... unless i find a half-mag...case harden-color the receiver and deep oil finish the wood... starting out with a rusty, pitted barrel 1980's production gun, i bought for $100...i liked shooting my 10" t/c.. recoil was noticable, but not unpleasant... but for a 40 round IHMSA match, i had reduced loads for the chickens and pigs,, only went to full for the turkeys and rams...

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
That should be awesome! I've always wanted a 35 cal 30/30 based lever. I just haven't found the right candidate yet. What would be really cool would be taking a 410 ga sXs and making a double rifle out of it.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
help me refresh my memory, but which winchester based on the 94 had a longer bbl... like 22 or 24" and had a half magazine???...i remember looking at a winchester catalogue from the 60's...anyway, thats what i'd like this 1 to turn out like....

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Nuemrich has M94 barrels in 356 Win. It's not a 357 Herrett, but it is a 35 cal with factory dies, $50 to put the new barrel on, you might need to get new guide rails(?) or modify the ones on the gun. You might be able to get a chamber adapter to shoot the 357 Herrett in the 356 chamber?? Seems like there was a place that would make most anything you wanted.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote