Find
Notify
Tools

458 socom 1" for pistols (Or 45 SOCOM)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
Basicly use socom brass cut below the shoulder and here is a photoshop image.

shortened neck and body with a brass length of 1"ish.

http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/sneakpreview.shtml
Guncrafter industries is selling kits to turn glock 20's into 50GI's so use the conversion clip and either rechamber and rebore out a 45 barrel or do a 45 version. I like both. The 45 version would just need the new clip and rechambered. The 458 version would just be cool for the heavy for pistol 45-70 bullets. I wonder if 405's would fly fast enough bewildered up to 350's would be cool.

A fun concept imho.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Well I talked to Guncrafter Industries end they said what I thought to be true. Keep the preasures moderate and it can be done. The longer glock barrels with the brake would give the guns longer life too.

hunting aplications with heavy bullets is the best niche for this. Figure 300 to 350 grains.

I think using the 460 Rowland barrel with the brake and rechambering it would be the best for 1911's.

this glock compensator would rock too.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote