Find
Notify
Tools

pistol wildcat 357 SIG-MAX
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
It is a great thing when you can swap barrels and get a new cart to work in your old gun without magazine or feeding issues. This idea seems to fit the bill of a logical wildcat with hunting potential. the 357 sig has its praisers and detractors and that wont end but this adds some spice to the mix.

Ream out a 357 SIG barrel that will work on a 10mm gun to 10mm auto length (.99" or another .134") Use the 10mm brass to form the longer 357 SIG-MAX. As most of you know the 10mm auto is a long 40 S&W case that is the parent case of the 357 SIG. same rim, casehead and the same shoulder and neck as the SIG.

The goal would be to get the 115 grainers to 1,700 FPS and 738 FPE

If wildcats are not your thing but velocity is just load out the bullet to 10mm OAL for maximum sig velocity.

Any thoughts? there could be a long neck version with the shoulder in the same position but the other options seem more desireable

the sig and 10mm are 3rd and 4th from the left

Regular SIG

Loaded long SIG poorly photoshoped

SIG-MAX poorly photoshoped

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
And basically what you have is a 9x25 Dillon. It's a .355 bullet in a necked down 10mm case. A smokin' round to be sure.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
aaaaah...so it has been done before... Great minds you know or is it a dollar short and a day late bewildered

the neck is longer than the SIG but it could be fire formed in a "SIG-MAX"

Part of the idea was to use the sig reamer and reloading dies...

the Dillon is capable of 90 grains@ 2100 and 115@ 1800...better than i thought...

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one three or four years ago...only pistol round I ever saw that would build enough pressure to actually crack a compensator and wear out a Para frame. It was pretty cool at night shoots!

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A regular ol' 10mm will push 1700....

Try a 10mm magnum case and neck it to 32 caliber and make some bullets Boomer! Starline has the brass.

You might get 2400 FPS???

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
the 32 macifej aircat...I like it... thumb

Lone wolf makes the drop in barrel for glocks in 9x25 so a little finish reaming and use 9x25 for factory ammo... voila! SIG-MAX

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4822