THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Triede The FXBOSS 30 Caliber Air Rifle

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Triede The FXBOSS 30 Caliber Air Rifle
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

WE just got the FXBOSS air rifle in 30 caliber, and tried it on our critters in the backyard.

Shoots very accurately, and very powerful.

But, I have the same complaint about it as with so many air rifles made to day.

The stock is too high, so one needs to install the scope very high.

This is something I am not too impressed with.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66986 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed, that's a pretty impressive break-in harvest you have there. That lizard looks big enough to eat, for those that do. What velocity are you getting, and what pellet weights?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16399 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
try the Daystate Wolverine. fewer shots( about 12-13 at full power) but 25% more power. i use it around the ranch to take out nuisance wild hogs and coyotes with head shots inside 50 yards. much more comfortable stock. i have a Hawke 6.5-20x42 Sidewinder Tactical scope in medium rings mounted and it consistently groups 1/2 inch at 50 yards. ground squirrels at 75 yards are no problem- it literally blows them right off their feet. 51gr pellet at about 915fps.FX rifles are famous for being hard to get comfortable with. the 45gr FX .30 pellet just doesn't carry the downrange energy of the heavier Daystate Emperor 51 gr pellet( and is more affected by wind). when i want something fairly small positively dead, the Wolverine does it- and with it's custom made silencer, does it quietly. smaller targets get a dose of my Air Ranger 80 in .22- 65fpe. even less noise( silenced, of course) but it has killed more than a few hogs and coyotes, before i got the Wolverine.
BTW, wishing you and yours the best for Ramadan!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jdollar:
try the Daystate Wolverine. fewer shots( about 12-13 at full power) but 25% more power. i use it around the ranch to take out nuisance wild hogs and coyotes with head shots inside 50 yards. much more comfortable stock. i have a Hawke 6.5-20x42 Sidewinder Tactical scope in medium rings mounted and it consistently groups 1/2 inch at 50 yards. ground squirrels at 75 yards are no problem- it literally blows them right off their feet. 51gr pellet at about 915fps.FX rifles are famous for being hard to get comfortable with. the comb is too high and the buttplate is not adjustable. the 45gr FX .30 pellet just doesn't carry the downrange energy of the heavier Daystate Emperor 51 gr pellet( and is more affected by wind). when i want something fairly small positively dead, the Wolverine does it- and with it's custom made silencer, does it quietly. smaller targets get a dose of my Air Ranger 80 in .22- 65fpe. even less noise( silenced, of course) but it has killed more than a few hogs and coyotes, before i got the Wolverine.
BTW, wishing you and yours the best for Ramadan!

notice how much lower the scope is mounted to the rifle bore line. i am about your size. 5'9" with a 14" LOP.magazine clears the scope from a right side insertion with room to spare. the Laser Genetics ND3 ON TOP MAKES NIGHT SHOOTING OUT TO 100 YARDS A SNAP!the green laser is ignored by critters, beam is adjustable for width, and it REALLY lights up their eyes.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Saeed, that's a pretty impressive break-in harvest you have there. That lizard looks big enough to eat, for those that do. What velocity are you getting, and what pellet weights?

Bill,

Actually, that wasn't my best day. I just had the camera with me then.

We have an awful problem with crows, and I got lucky the other day as I think I got some young ones who had no experience.

They were sitting on one of our big trees, and I managed to sneak up on them and shoot 7 with that air rifle!

Almost unheard of here.

I shot one, they just flew off for a few seconds and landed again and so on.

I have not checked the velocity. I will do that when I get back home as I am out of the country for a few days.

I am very impressed with this rifle, as it is very accurate, and the air tank lasts for ages.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66986 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
Great shooting Saeed, I still enjoy using an air rifle for pigeons in my garden at home, my best night with it is 47 rabbits picked up. it is a 1997 Theoben Rapid 7 in .22 12ftilbs.

Relax and light a Cuban.

Posts: 177 | Location: UK | Registered: 16 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good SHooting, I am having a custom built in 30 cal off a LW barrel on a custom valved bottle fed Marauder with CF wrapped barrel. Probably cheaper and faster to just by the FX I like the way it looks.

Posts: 193 | Location: Raleigh,NC | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the lizard is a bbq waiting to happen

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38487 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great shooting Saeed.

Use to have a Theoben PCP Rapid...now I have returned to what I started with fron early childhood...a springpiston powered airrifle. It will drop crows, rooks etc at 80-100yards.
The rifle is a Whiscombe JW 80.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote