New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non paying clients
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has there been any resolution of the Llamapacker case? All has been silent for a long time.

Does Duxdog post any longer?

Posts: 11985 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There used to be a saying that "Sports build character..." I always figured that wasn't the case.

Sports reveal character. It is the same with hunting. You will see the true measure of a man on a week or longer safari.

I guess the answer is to hold the trophies until you are square.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Sports reveal character. It is the same with hunting. You will see the true measure of a man on a week or longer safari.
Rich
DRSS

Yup. All the BS gets stripped away very quickly indeed and you very quickly get the measure of the REAL man. tu2

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
One of the issues I have not seen mentioned in this thread is the US government limit on how much $$ may be taken out of country and the requirement to declare any amount over that amount. It is $10,000.

Often times extra species may become available due to a previous client not taking a reserved quota animal (Leopard is common). I have found on many safaris that the $10,000 limit is not sufficient to cover extra trophies. My PH/Outfitters have always allowed me to take the animals and complete payment after my return to the USA.

I would never travel with $10,000 in US currency; I have always taken TCs and they have always been accepted. I expect no less and taking large amounts of cash is simply foolish IMO. Always ask if TCs are accepted prior to booking. I wish more operators would accept credit cards; frequent flyer miles as well as convenience.

The best case scenario is to be able to pay trophy fees/daily rates in advance to someone here in the US who represents the PH/Outfitter.
As someone stated earlier, trust is an essential part of the safari experience. I would never agree to do a money transfer via sat phone.

I have had outfitters and taxidermists in AFRICA try to screw me, even while I was still in country as well as after I've returned home. I always fought them and have been able to resolve the incidents by threatening to expose them through multiple hunting organizations. SCI is very powerful in this regard, as are the professional hunting associations in each country. You should know what recourse is available to you before you depart and you should always check references with these organizations prior to booking, although I also know of PHs that have had excellent reputations who have gone bad and absconded with funds.

Threatening to have a warrant filed at home and then entered into INTERPOL is another option. I told one crook that I would do so and that he would be arrested at port of entry into any EU country or the USA if he tried to travel.

No matter wether client or outfitter, crooks will be crooked no matter what. I have helped resolve some problems between client and outfitter when there was a simple failure to communicate and understand the issue on both sides.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears to me even if you have a whellbarow load of contracts and paper work if either of you are a crook someone will likely get fu--ed before it is over. Particularly if it is international in scope. There are so many little subtle ways to gouge someone and you won't even see it coming. Been there. The only way for the visiting hunter is reputation of the outfitter.. As far as the outfitter, I don't know. Just my two cents worth.

Posts: 74 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There used to be a saying that "Sports build character..." I always figured that wasn't the case.

I guess the answer is to hold the trophies until you are square.

Rich
DRSS

Spot on ISS. We can talk bullshit all we want on this site, but screwing someone in real life really does say a lot.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
AAZW,

Don't really know what to say about the deposit..... times are tough for everyone but that's no excuse huh!

As to Nixon. Whoever is right or wrong there's no doubt that even the sniff of that kind of scandal will affect his business, his credit rating (if he has one) and possibly even his firearms status etc and all I can say is he's a braver man than I am if he's still taking T/Cs and/or extending credit..... to me it doesn't sound like the sensible thing to do but it's bugger all to do with me! Wink

Happy to report.. His business actually picked-up.. Quite a bit from what I saw I might add. Makes it tougher for shoe-string hunters like me to negotiate a hunt that he can almost afford.. Simply put.. It didn't take long with all the BS, contradictions and holes in his story for folks to figure out who the culprit is..

Despite this, Nixon appears to refuse to let one thief ruin it for the rest of us..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favorite way to interview a guy is to take him/her to lunch and watch how they treat the waiter/waitress. Calling them "Sir" or "Ma'am" goes over big time with me. Acting like the sun shines out of their asshole does not.

John,

You can tell a great deal about someone from how they act in a restaurant. If they treat the staff in an arrogant and condescending manner you can pretty much tell how they'll treat other people.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents and Ladies

I thought about this for some time, and then saw this,

I have had for the first time in 9 years of being on my own, had 3 clients in one year delay their payments, 1 by 4 months, 1 by 6 and now the last says maybe next year,

I have thought about it, went without sleep, and tried too figure out how too handle it, for me as small outfittter, it could end as death bell, but where did the trust go ??

If yur client overshoot his budget, and promises too pay on his return, you trust the guy !!!! and now we are sitting with this

So in the end , yu pay your fees too the authorities and you pay the concession owners, and no one can say you owe them anything, but a helluva dent (read empty) pension fund is your problem.

So we shall not trust again, and beleive again

IN GOD WE TRUST ALL OTHERS PAY CASH

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the saddest post I have read in a long time here...

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kwan:
Gents and Ladies

I thought about this for some time, and then saw this,

I have had for the first time in 9 years of being on my own, had 3 clients in one year delay their payments, 1 by 4 months, 1 by 6 and now the last says maybe next year,

I have thought about it, went without sleep, and tried too figure out how too handle it, for me as small outfittter, it could end as death bell, but where did the trust go ??

If yur client overshoot his budget, and promises too pay on his return, you trust the guy !!!! and now we are sitting with this

So in the end , yu pay your fees too the authorities and you pay the concession owners, and no one can say you owe them anything, but a helluva dent (read empty) pension fund is your problem.

So we shall not trust again, and beleive again

IN GOD WE TRUST ALL OTHERS PAY CASH

I hope, reading between the lines that you've received payment from the first two. This kind of thing really pisses me off. It's one thing to owe a utility bill or similar that one can't pay due to changing circumstances, it's something entirely different for a hunter to not pay his legitimate hunting charges that were both completely voluntary while being fully informed about costs, and a luxury item (which any safari is, regardless of cost structure). There's just no excuse.

I hope that if the third individual doesn't pay you (and I fear the worst if he says it'll be a year) that you'll post the whole story and perhaps some local pressure can be brought to bear. Of course it didn't work with that liar llamapacker, but maybe it would work for you.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am with you. This kind of stuff pisses me off. I hear these kind of stories from people I know far too often. Not sure what to do other than not ship the trophies.

Posts: 11985 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I am not the norm. Almost all of the time I overshoot my budget. Only once was I required to settle up before I got home. The rest of the time I have been trusted to send the payment after got home. I have only had a written contract once or twice. The rst of the time it has been verbal on the phone and email or a handshake over a beer. This has worked so well that now I almost always just wire the total amount when I get home. It is less hassle with the authorities and much cheaper and easier. Credit cards require too much of an upcharge and travelers checks are a pia for both sides. It is unfortunate when someone is dishonest, it affects everyone.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
This is the most trusting industry I know of. So much business goes on with just a handshake, an email, and a mans word.

A contract is necessary so everyone knows what to expect of each other. But beyond that, there is a lot of trust in this industry.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how could you ever tell anyone about the hunt knowing you had cheated the PH? "yes, I had a great hunt for __________ in ______________ with Kwan. Didn't pay my bill, but I had a good time."

That just sucks...

Rich

Administrator
posted Hide Post
This whole thread is totally pointless until we get the names of the culprits.

As has been stated by a number of posters, this is the sort of thing we NEED to get out in the open.

And those who are guilty should suffer the consequences.

Otherwise we are all painted with the same brush.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
twoskeptics,

Where are you located, and where did this happened?

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I believe the original post of this thread, but there is insufficient information to make any conclusions. It seems doubtful anyone would jepopardize their trophies, etc., for a a 20% "discount" on the daily fees, which were almost certainly a small part of the overall cost of the trip. Clearly there is more to the story. I doubt it will ever be made public.

Despite the vitriol, outright accusations and lies thrown my way, people conveniently forget that my situation was thoroughly investigated by multiple parties. Several AR members were forced to recant (in writing) their statements made on AR when the authorities got involved. Those who continually claim to "know" what happened have no first hand knowledge and formed their conclusions based on internet specualtion. A bit disappointing, but not much can be done to correct the lynch mob mentality of a few poor souls.

There have been a few changes in operations with Nixon Dzingai at SSG Safaris, not the least of which is his selling of quota to the Duckworths. Anyone in the US who considers booking directly with Nixon after last year's fiasco deserves what they get. Maybe he will be on his best behavior for a while, who knows, but I have correspondence from other members of AR that suggest the shenanigans continue.

I booked my trip based on the glowing reports posted on AR. I've since learned what wasn't in those reports, and from others who didn't post trip reports at all. Do your own research and have a good, safe, legal hunt.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Several AR members were forced to recant (in writing) their statements made on AR when the authorities got involved.

Bill, please provide copies of any written recants. I am not aware of a single one.

By the way, even if your traveller's checks were stolen, which they were not, you still owe for the trophy fees. Have you paid them?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Uhhh-Dude I booked my hunt long before your name became infamous.. Matter of fact, Nixon even rolled over my deposit/hunt long before your name became known so well to us.. Somehow I doubt "He Put On His Best Behavior" just for my benefit.. It's also ironic that you seem to have started a trend with PH's not accepting TC's or the very least giving very serious considerations on who they accept them from.. Congratulations, you not only screwed over what many have experienced as a great operator.. You have single handily changed an industry standard..

I'm sure these accomplishments just warm the little confines of your heart..

I was wondering if the Rat Bastard would show up..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott Terry (SBT):

Why don't you start with your own letter to SOAZ - ZPGHA? Trying to play the innocent bystander now doesn't suit you very well.

BTW, have you received your illegaly harvested trophies from your hunt with Nixon yet? Care to forward your AR hunt report post to USFWS along with your shipment invoice? Enjoy looking at your trophies knowing full well that they could lead to a Lacey Act prosecution anytime. A LEO like yourself should know about the statute of limitations on this type of federal crime. Was it worth it?

My bill was paid in full and Nixon and I agreed to move on. Only some on this board like to keep this mindless drama alive.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Bill Phifer,

My letter to SOAZ did not recant a thing. I told them I had a great hunt with Nixon and would recommend him highly. You are posting conjecture.

You did not pay your trophy fees. And as a result, you have cheated the tribal council, the local people and given hunters everywhere a bad name. Everyone on this forum knows what you did and will judge for themselves.

You are an embarrassment.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Phifer,

Really?

Who are you trying to convince?

We know your story. Stolen travelers checks, gift computer and camera "taken in camp", bullshit post from your alter computer, stealing from the council. You make me sick.

Even after you stiffed him, Nixon still trusts his hunters. Do you want to know why? Its honor. Most people in the industry have enough honor and integrity to make the handshake system work.

In spite of dickwads like you, it's good to see that business can still be done based on mutual trust.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

why is llamapacker still here?

Rich

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed,

Rich

Why should he not be?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I understand that one of the clients mentioned at the beginning of this thread has paid his dues.

May be twoskeptics can give us the details.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terms of Sergvice

Welcome to the AccurateReloading.com forums. They are free, all we ask in return is you obey our three suggestions. We ask you be civil to your fellow members, refrain from posting pictures not related to hunting and shooting and do not spam our board. Thanks and enjoy. Saeed and Don

Maybe this thread could keep from devolving into name-calling like so many others before it.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I understand that one of the clients mentioned at the beginning of this thread has paid his dues.

Saeed,

My objective here is to establish a system to evaluate persons involved in the hunting system.
This post has disolved into petty fighting about issues and with persons I am unaware of.
What has happened contract wise is totally unacceptable. I am still trying to address the contract issue with the 2nd hunter.
As I originally mentioned I would appreciate it if responders would attempt to resolve these types of problems.

TS

At this point I am going to remove my profile from this site. SOLUTIONS don't seem to be priority in these posts just petty infighting and pointless demands.
I will take my concerns elsewhere.

TS

TS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Facts genleman. What we need is the facts and not the rest of the petty BS. Oh, and it would be nice if those facts could be substantiated by others.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:
Terms of Sergvice

Welcome to the AccurateReloading.com forums. They are free, all we ask in return is you obey our three suggestions. We ask you be civil to your fellow members, refrain from posting pictures not related to hunting and shooting and do not spam our board. Thanks and enjoy. Saeed and Don

Maybe this thread could keep from devolving into name-calling like so many others before it.

Exactly what do you find offensive Charles? Frankly, your "free 500 grains" runs pretty counter your complaint about name calling.

So what is it you are complaining about? At least have the balls to state it without inuendo.

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly what do you find offensive Charles? Frankly, your "free 500 grains" runs pretty counter your complaint about name calling.

This silly signature of "Free 500 grains" is one of the silliest things I can see on these forums.

500 grains was given more chances to stop his crusade against other members more than I have ever given anyone. I told him this both publicly on the forums as well as privately.

He insisted on carrying on his own agenda, totally ignoring me in asking him to stop.

So he really left me no option but to ban him.

And as some members who have been banned have been re-instated, those who insisted in having their signature with "free 500 grains" as an in-your-face-objection to what I have done, made sure than 500 grains would never be re-instated.

I even had one member having the odacity to write and say that if 500 grains was not re-instated, he would leave the forums.

Talk about someone who thinks his own self importance is above the wishes of the person who owns AR!

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoskeptics:

At this point I am going to remove my profile from this site. SOLUTIONS don't seem to be priority in these posts just petty infighting and pointless demands.

TS

Perhaps you expected too much from us.

The fact is that there is not a system in place to screen clients, and likely never will be because of the sheer nature of the business. There is protection for the consumer, but little for the operator other than good business practices.

Good business practices like collecting the money up front is the only real way to protect yourself.

I had a client who delayed his final payment to a few days before the hunt. He told me on the phone that he mailed his check that day.

I told him I would mark the check void and mail it back to him. He can wire me the money now, or he will not go to camp when he arrived in Tanzania.

You think that check that he said he mailed that day ever showed up? Of course not. He had no intention of paying.

Why was I so firm with this guy? Because it was the SECOND time this had happened. First time was a different client. Most everyone needs to have this lesson once. We want to believe the best in everyone, but there are guys out there who will take advantage of trusting individuals.

There is no 100% guarantee that you can cover yourself, but practice good financial sense and that will minimize the risk.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:

This silly signature of "Free 500 grains" is one of the silliest things I can see on these forums.

500 grains was given more chances to stop his crusade against other members more than I have ever given anyone. I told him this both publicly on the forums as well as privately.

He insisted on carrying on his own agenda, totally ignoring me in asking him to stop.

So he really left me no option but to ban him.

And as some members who have been banned have been re-instated, those who insisted in having their signature with "free 500 grains" as an in-your-face-objection to what I have done, made sure than 500 grains would never be re-instated.

I even had one member having the odacity to write and say that if 500 grains was not re-instated, he would leave the forums.

Talk about someone who thinks his own self importance is above the wishes of the person who owns AR!

I for one think those 'Free 500grains' things are extremely offensive and insulting to Saeed. He owns the forum, gives us all an awful lot of pleaseure and doesn't charge us a cent for any of it.

To then insult him with those bloody things is (IMO) quite frankly, nothing short of sheer pig ignorant bad manners.

That comment isn't meant to insult individual members but it is how I feel about the general principle. I just feel that those that have it in their signature have failed to pause to consider quite how their host might feel about it.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
However, are TCs still not a normal way of paying a safari debt?.

Graybird,

My apologies for not answering that question..... I simply missed it!

I obviously can't speak for the entire industry or even part of it but we no longer accept T/Cs for the obvious reason. About the only exception might be from someone we knew well and by prior arrangement.

There's also the fact that some game depts actually require payments in cash ONLY and also that some banks now charge a surcharge for cashing T/Cs.

Certainly, I'd expect them to increasingly go out of use...... esp now that electronic transfer is becoming increasingly commonplace, fast and easy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoskeptics:
quote:

Saeed,

My objective here is to establish a system to evaluate persons involved in the hunting system.
This post has disolved into petty fighting about issues and with persons I am unaware of.
What has happened contract wise is totally unacceptable. I am still trying to address the contract issue with the 2nd hunter.
As I originally mentioned I would appreciate it if responders would attempt to resolve these types of problems.

TS

TS

TS

Well, let's see, you gave us no details and you want solutions? While, in the interim, at least one of your hunters apparently paid up, possibly as a result of this thread, a little detail you neglected to post. And you're bitching????.........Yeah, right. Good riddance, and, BTW, take that no good SOB llamapacker with you.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Saeed,

Rich

Why should he not be?

He shouldn't be banned, because every time he posts we will dreg up his theft from Nixon; hopefully other operators will learn this guy is a scumbag.

To recap:

He reports his TCs are stolen by Nixon while in camp but never mentions it here.

He claims Nixon hunted illegally, but apparently it didn't bother him at the time because he kept pulling the trigger.

He claims his laptop was stolen. Other posters post emails indicating they were intended as gifts. So essentially Phifer is claiming Nixon is a thief and one poster on this site is a liar.

Oh - let's not forget the infamous "AFRhunter" - Phifer posing as another. Recall AFRhunter didn't post a location. Phifer then blames us for creating this identity. Gee, if one of us did this, wouldn't we put down "Salt Lake City" for a location????

And in defense of himself he claims he only posts on AR while at work at the University of Utah. Not interested enough to post from home, huh?

Funny, but everyone else who has hunted with Nixon has nothing but good things to say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the topic,,,,I do not and will not travel overseas with large sums of cash on my person. To great a chance for theft and to easy become a victim of crime.etc. I have no problem paying in advance all my daily fees and projected trophy fees that I expect to shoot. What happens is you over shoot what you have paid,, how is that settled. Some trust me to pay on my return which I have always done immediately on my return, some want the cash before I leave. I have found I do not overshoot my budget if they require cash in hand. I recently was on a hunt where the requirement was cash in hand before you shoot any game, no checks or credit card, etc., cash. The Ph missed an opportunity to make more money,, I would of shot an extra trophy buffalo if he would of taken any kind of credit card etc., yes,, I know there is a fee involved,, i get charged an out of country fee when I use it as well. I have no problem if they , the Ph charges 5% extra to settle it with a valid credit card. Just give me an option other than worrying about 5 grand in cash in my pocket. Tips might even be better as well, I understand cash is king in the camps,, but in this day and age I am getting really used to not writing checks or carrying cash, credit and debit cards are what I use,, and what 90% of my business services here in the states is paid with.

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Carrying large quantities of cash to go on a hunt in Africa must be one of the safest things you can do. No one knows you've got it until you're at the US airport when you fill out the customs "over $10,000" form, you carry it with you all the time on the airplane, you are usually met at the airport by your, often, armed PH and then you proceed to the hunting camp. How safe can it be?

I don't get my panties in a wad over carrying large quantities of cash, have done it many times and probably will do it again. It may not be over $10,000 unless I'm going on some unusual trip, such as buying or hunting, but I am not leaving home for more than a day trip without several thousand in cash. I've seen too many times when checks, credit cards, or some variation of the famous "oh, I'm a little short right now, I'll pay you when I get home." didn't cut the mustard. BTW unless there was no secure location in camp, I wouldn't necessarily tell the PH all the details either, just tell him that I had some papers and money I wanted to secure. If there is no secure location, lock it in your Tuffpak and keep your mouth shut. Loose lips sink ships.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, uhhhhhhhh, how does one go about not paying the PH? I couldn't afford a safari this year and would like to know the secret. It sounds like there are several approaches. Don't know why I never thought of this as a solution.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok,, almost everytime I go to Africa,, most safari hunters stick out like a neon sign. you can spot us a mile away,, we all carry a pretty good chunk of cash just for tips and travel expenses, Sure,, hard to rob somebody in an airplane,, I get that, but we see more and more tourists and hunters being hijacked and robbed once they leave the airport. If you think the crooks don't see us as an opportunity you need to wake up. I don't worry about it in camp,, but carrying enough cash to shoot an extra elephant or a lion,, we are talking about significant rolling money,,I am not paranoid about getting rolled, the percentages of that are low but,,,Why take the chance if there was another option. The fear of loss and theft is what drove the use travelers checks in the first place. Now that that may not be an option some places,,,,your progressive operators will turn to technology in camp to solve the problem of money transfer or credit cards.

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote