Find
Notify
Tools

C.A.R. - April 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Aaron, great hunt and excellent report. Congratulations on an excellent LDE and waterbuck.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report on a dream hunt. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Nice report, Aaron. That's one I've wanted to do for a while, Jeff shared your sentiments that it was his favorite safari by far.

Welcome home man!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Nice report on a great hunt. One day, I hope to do the same.

thanks for the post.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing.
Great report and pictures, and what an eland!

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed your report, great LDE and GFH. I also had a wonderful hunt w/ Philippe and CAWA just about a month before you went. See my report http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8191091251

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 930 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pancho:
Enjoyed your report, great LDE and GFH. I also had a wonderful hunt w/ Philippe and CAWA just about a month before you went. See my report http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8191091251

Pancho - I read your report several times before I left. Thanks for posting it. I assume you enjoyed hunting with Philippe? I certainly did.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Ide - I did not hunt with Erik at all, but did spend some time with him at main camp. He has got several different machans now, and will have a 2nd camp/hunt location for Bongo in 2012.

Anders - Yes, we will have all the footage on the GLOBAL HUNTER DVD series, hopefully ready by January 2012.

JohnDL - I have used the 270 gr X bullet & TSX bullets for years. I use the 270 gr on everything, including elephant (solids). Muzzle velocity is about 2,950 fps. I have always thought they performed awesome!

Thanks guys for all the kind words, greatly appreciated.

Aaron, Enjoyed the report. Looks like it was truly an adventure. In reading the replys, yours paticularly, your last sentence struck me. "Thanks guys for all the kind words, greatly appreciated." Everyone who takes the time to sit down and write and report their adventures deserves that very same response. Think about it. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Scott

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope that the Lord Derby Conservation Force has approved of that bull you took. Are you sure it did not affect the natural balance of the herd to take that specimen out?

I'd hate that pic to fall into the hands of the antis. It'll certainly be used in their agenda if so.

I would suggest that this whole thread be taken down. The fate of a species is at stake here, not to mention the other species in central Africa who would suffer from the fallout. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

The future of all LDE hunters depend upon your responsibility. Thank you for your concern in this matter.

Posts: 15 | Location: AK | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
I certainly hope that the Lord Derby Conservation Force has approved of that bull you took. Are you sure it did not affect the natural balance of the herd to take that specimen out?

I'd hate that pic to fall into the hands of the antis. It'll certainly be used in their agenda if so.

I would suggest that this whole thread be taken down. The fate of a species is at stake here, not to mention the other species in central Africa who would suffer from the fallout. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

The future of all LDE hunters depend upon your responsibility. Thank you for your concern in this matter.

popcorn popcorn

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3376 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If only the current plight of the lion was a laughing matter, your post might actually be funny! Instead, and unfortunately, it just highlights the lack of knowledge/experience and most importantly, CONCERN, that many "hunters" have for the African Wildlife. Sad, really!!

Besides, you're gonna have to try harder than that to offend me. I wasn't born with tits, so my sensitivity level is a bit higher than that.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
Why is Dave Fulson's humorous posts OK, but Proteus gets told he has a lack of knowledge / experience?

Seems inconsistant.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3376 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
Aaron,
Why is Dave Fulson's humorous posts OK, but Proteus gets told he has a lack of knowledge / experience?

Seems inconsistant.

Steve, really??

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron,

Seems inconsistant.

'Tis the way of the AR hero hierarchy, Steve. Seems that Proteus has not learned this valuable lesson. One cannot judge others without 1st being a hero of AR.

AR standard operating procedure.

Posts: 179 | Location: Andromeda Galaxy | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Wilde:
quote:
Aaron,

Seems inconsistant.

'Tis the way of the AR hero hierarchy, Steve. Seems that Proteus has not learned this valuable lesson. One cannot judge others without 1st being a hero of AR.

AR standard operating procedure.

Robert - Seems I'm not quite following you on this one?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Aaron,

Seems inconsistant.

Steve, really??

Really. How can you not see the humor Proteus attempted? But Dave, No less than twice, and its OK?? I see a double standard. I don't draw lines based on ones Celeb or Quasi Celeb status. I look at everyones post the same.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Aaron,

Seems inconsistant.

Steve, really??

Really. How can you not see the humor Proteus attempted? But Dave, No less than twice, and its OK?? I see a double standard. I don't draw lines based on ones Celeb or Quasi Celeb status. I look at everyones post the same.

Steve

Steve - I see his "humor" too. It was the same sarcastic humor used in his posts on the young lion thread. While completely missing the entire point/seriousness of why we should not tolerate the shooting of young lions, by anyone. Zambian PH buddies included!

We both know that you too thought his post might be controversial, or garner a response, thus the reason for you posting the popcorn eating dude popcorn

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Granted...I figured it might get interesting.

Moving along.

Nice trophies, Im doing the same trip in January with same co.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice trophies, Im doing the same trip in January with same co.

Steve

Steve, I cannot imagine that you will not have a great time! I definitely want to do the giant eland hunt again! Are you hunting both, or just eland, or what?? Good luck man!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Doin the full meal deal, I think I'm first or second in Smiler

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron,

Doin the full meal deal, I think I'm first or second in Smiler

Steve

It will be a great hunt! I only wish I could have gone at the same time you are going, to get the eland with the black mane still intact.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Great Report!!! Can't wait for the video tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Proteus...hmmm...I wonder which we have...

Proteus was a Greek sea-god...but...Proteus is also the name of a vulgar smelling (hence the name Proteus vulgaris)gram-negative bacterium that likes to invade the male-reproductive tract and cause urinary infectious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Aaron,

Thanks for taking Spot(Spike) along with you on a fantastic safari. To those who are going on safari soon try and get Ernie to go with you, he has very good ju-ju.

I would imagine you stood in front of the first air conditioner you found after the hunt!!

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulcinea:
Smiler

Aaron,

Thanks for taking Spot(Spike) along with you on a fantastic safari. To those who are going on safari soon try and get Ernie to go with you, he has very good ju-ju.

I would imagine you stood in front of the first air conditioner you found after the hunt!!

Dulcinea

Yes sir, air-conditioning was a welcome relief. Please, someone tell me what to do with Ernest & Spike? Dulcinea, do you want pics of them too? If so, email me at globalhunts@aol.com

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please, someone tell me what to do with Ernest & Spike?

You mean your not going to bring them back to deer camp and sleep with them? Big Grin

Dude? You've been back for how long? You dont call, you dont write...

Seriously, give me a shout

Drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

PLease send Spike home to us. Pics, absolutly!!

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulcinea:
Aaron,

PLease send Spike home to us. Pics, absolutly!!

Dulcinea

Will do

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Great report and nice trophies man - pitty about the hunter, not the best looking specimen i have seen then again if the soccer moms heard of you being hunted then there would be a massive outcry Big Grin

im busy working on a trip up there either Cameroun or Burkina Faso.

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Well done Aaron. Yet another great LD and serious looking pig.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weidmannsheil! Superb! Looking forward to the video!
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote