ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    And yet another great 2011 hunt with Zambezi Hunters and Thierry Labat

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And yet another great 2011 hunt with Zambezi Hunters and Thierry Labat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted
Just to keep you going until Pegleg's hunt report.... This one took place in June, with hunter Jean Luc Potier from Reunion Island. The leopard weighed just over 160 pounds, the hog 15", the eland 38", the bushbuck 16.5", the wildebeeste 30", the impala 23.5"...

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! tu2

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
tu2 +1

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love that Bushbuck. thanks for sharring.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I saw them all first hand in July. A proper bag for sure.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Nice kitty and the eland looks like a toad.

TL and ZH is on a serious hot streak, hope it continues in '12!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishN4Eyes:

Very true and it is fantastic to see. Count on it continuing in '12 and beyond...

Not to detract from this hunt or any of the other ZH/Labat hunt reports posted recently (is it possible?), but this is not really out of the ordinary.... Thierry's clients have been taking quality trophies for years, with Roger Whittall Safaris and with Zambezi Hunters, and Zambezi Hunters clients have been taking quality trophies since 1969, under the guidance of Ian Piercy and now Jonathan Hulme. When PH's Hulme, van der Linden and Hoets get their acts together and send me some pictures from recent hunts, I will post those too.

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Great set of trophies, thanks for sharing David.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
posted Hide Post
I love the eland.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking bushbuck. I have always thought bushbuck were one of the most beautiful animals to hunt. NICE.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amazing!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:
quote:
Originally posted by FishN4Eyes:

Very true and it is fantastic to see. Count on it continuing in '12 and beyond...

Not to detract from this hunt or any of the other ZH/Labat hunt reports posted recently (is it possible?), but this is not really out of the ordinary.... Thierry's clients have been taking quality trophies for years, with Roger Whittall Safaris and with Zambezi Hunters, and Zambezi Hunters clients have been taking quality trophies since 1969, under the guidance of Ian Piercy and now Jonathan Hulme. When PH's Hulme, van der Linden and Hoets get their acts together and send me some pictures from recent hunts, I will post those too.

I have selfish reasons for '12. I'll be following Mr. Parks up in camp with Thierry.

From the look of appearance of the pictures from Will's hunt this year, poor Thierry might be too tired to take me out after next year's adventure with Will! Big Grin

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Top notch trophies there. Great!

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All very nice!! But that bushbuck....WOW!

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

The very high trophy quality of this hunt not only showcases Zambezi Hunters but the great conservation program throughout the whole Save Valley Conservancy. I think it would be hard to have a truly bad safari on the Conservancy. The level of safari offered and the trophy quality is just excellent.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

The very high trophy quality of this hunt not only showcases Zambezi Hunters but the great conservation program throughout the whole Save Valley Conservancy. I think it would be hard to have a truly bad safari on the Conservancy. The level of safari offered and the trophy quality is just excellent.

Mark

True, hard to have a truly bad safari in the Save conservancy, but there's a vast tract of ground between truly bad and excellent eh? Wink

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Love the eland!

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!! tu2

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a dream eland bull.. WOW!

I hope I find his twin my next trip over.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a great group of trophies.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12539 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh Man thats a killer Eland bull!!!!! and hog and busbuck etc etc etc well done looks like a ver good hunt tu2

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
That is one hell of an Eland!

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
It is possible to have a bad safari in the Save, especially if you are with a 2nd rate outfit such as Terry Anders Forever African Safaris. If you go with a first rate outfit like Zambezi Hunters, you can't go wrong.

Posts: 72 | Location: Saratoga, CA | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T man
posted Hide Post
Great Animals

I didn't go up there to die, I went up there to live.

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the bushbuck and Impala. Smiler

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote