Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard hunt, Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My two cents
Been there done that and I feel your pain. I think there are some great PH's out there but just like any business there are some turds to.
Been over the pond 13 times hunted with 14 ph's I have had one complete turd (attitude know it all BS) One just did not know what he was doing and another the tried real hard but was not very good. The rest were great, they understood communication with the client was VERY important. You may argue this PH's methods but no excuse for poor communication or attitude.
Funny thing one of my worst leopard hunts or hunts for that matter was booked using this agent.
Sorry about your hunt.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have followed this for a bit, and now I think I have some comments...
-I have been an outfitter in Western Canada for 25 years...
- when I first read this post, I had several mixed emotions, as I have heard a few of these type complaints, and as well, I have am leaving for Zimbabwe in a month, to hunt with Zambezi Hunters, booked through Mark and Adam Clements...
I've been to Africa, and all over the world for that matter, and this is my first hunt booked through Mark/Adam. Let me tell you though, I think Mark/Adam are good, and for the record, they have NEVER booked a hunt for us in Canada, nor have they asked to! We booked these DG hunts on homework, recommendations, and the quality of the Outfitter...and for the record, being Outfitters ourselves, wen could have gone many other places and saved the 15-20%...
I had a small issue (communication breakdown) with Mark/Adam/Zambezi...I called Mark, he was ON IT!!! He put me in touch with two of Zambezi's best clients, followed up with am email from the Zambezi boys themselves...
To me, what else could you ask for??? I had my questions answered,they are going to move me around for 2 species, and quite frankly, i am 100% satisfied in how things have gone thus far..
I am leaving Aug 3rd, and I'm done Aug 31st, and I WILL have a hunt report...
-I say this, thus far, based on the crap I have read about Adam Clements and Mark Young....it worried me to read, but for the rest of you, they have been great!!
-in regards to this report, I would love to hear from the PH...from a professional standpoint, it just doesn't ring true to me....I have had clients like this in the past, and unfortunately, we don't all view things the same way...
I owned Trophy Quest Outfitters (Alberta) for 17 Years and it was mine from the ground up. I am now partners with Phil Cahoon, in Deans Outdoors (Alberta) and we have had about 5 mad clients out of over 2500 or so...
These complaints all seem to "attack" the same motives and values.....
I don't want to call BS on ya my man, but it just seems like we are hearing that "one sided break up story, from college"....
Anyhow, I have about 40 days till me and the Princess leave for a month of fun!! We already have a Cameraman teed up, as well as those nice journals! You will for sure hear about "the rest of the story".....

D