ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Lion, leopard, buffalo with Thierry Labat and Zambezi Hunters (pics added pg 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion, leopard, buffalo with Thierry Labat and Zambezi Hunters (pics added pg 3)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Great report and great lion Will! Congratulations!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
Very good and congrats. Thanks for posting!

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing hunt Will! Thanks for sharing.
Now I really can't wait the next 4 weeks to get out there!

O

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Great report Will, well-written! You made us feel as we were right there with you in the lion blind! I must say I also admire and respect very much your "one lion" decision even though you are still a young man with many hunts left to go. I'm fifty eight, with just two safaris under my belt (the first at age fifty) and even though I might have two or at the most three safaris left, I'll never be able to hunt a lion. Again great report and thanks!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Will!

Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Done Will!!!

JEff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Well done Will!
If you remember, you encouraged me @ SCI to book with Professor Labat for
leopard in 2013. We are scheduled with Thierry in Sango for mid-May & can only hope to do
half as well as you!
Hopefully, his luck will continue for us!
Excellent job again, that's a real brute of a lion
Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Will! tu2 And a toast with my favorite soft drink to boot-Green Cream Soda! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Awesome Lion!! Hard to believe that leopard was the second best of the trip. beer

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Will! I went straight for the pics now to settle down and read your report.
Awesome!!!!

Posts: 1793 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SPECTACULAR Will...Good for you...Well done tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Will,

Way to go. A real lion.

Mike tu2

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Gomer would say"SHAZAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I'll be back in the truck with Legend Labat in just 13 more months.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well fed cats.
Congratulations.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Will and Theirry congrats. Amazing cats. I hope some of your luck is stuck in those Courtneys I bought from you that you both wore

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of safari-doctor
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Will, who was an awesome tour guide for my first African Safari. The lion was even more impressive in person...as one of the staff said, "a mucking fonster"!

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic, right out of the top drawer. beer

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Did you use the Swifts on the lion?

Yes. 400gr Swift A-Frames on lion and on the leopard and buffalo as well.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Mudini: What a decent, down to earth, hard working and courageous man. A leading poacher nabber, month in and month out during the off season when we were working for Roger Whittall. I can't tell you how many poachers we brought to book together... A good man to have at your side when the fists/sticks/rocks/pangas/bullets start flying...

Thierry: It's been 17 or 18 years, but it doesn't seem that long ago when I took a very keen young man hunting impala on Ruware in the Chiredzi conservancy, where we then lived. We didn't shoot any impala but I never rated myself as a PH and we had a lot of fun anyway...
You have come a long way in a short time my friend and the sky's the limit. I am very proud of you.

Will Parks: I salute you and the many others like you on this site who continue to hunt Zimbabwe, who have backed us through thick and thin. You guys are the reason many Zimbabweans are able to put food on the table/send their kids to school, and I thank you on behalf of country and countrymen. I also congratulate you on your incredible collection of trophies.

Zambezi Hunters: Consistent quality speaks volumes. Pure class.

David patriot

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Lion Will....congratulations on a wonderful hunt!!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Will, those are BIG cats, well done!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show-off!!! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will thanks for the e-mail and pic. You should never hunt one again, This one you would never best. Congrats on a great hunt and over the top trophies! Great Report as usual. Who is doing all your cats?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Well written and well hunted.
What an awe expiring Lion!!!!! That is one animal that you could never have too many photo's of.

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Hey Buzz,I want that lions brother!!

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'd be hard pressed to better that lion I venture. Sounds like you had a great hunt and a fantastic time.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What an incredible Lion, congrats

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Will, you are both lucky and blessed! Congrats on the lion! The buffalo and leopard ain't too shabby either! Mieta for sharing the hunt with us!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Three of the Big Five in one hunt! Well done, superb trophies all... especially the lion.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
Great trophies, Congratulations. Thanks for the photos and well written report.
Randy

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
Will,

Awesome trophies and a great report as usual.

I can't wait to hear it first hand at one of our meetings.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
what a fine hunt with superb trophies, congratulations.

quote:
I will confess that the ongoing conversation on this site about aging lions assisted me as I knew, for myself, that these lions were not shootable lions as soon as I saw them.

Then all the controversies of the years will have been worth it! tu2

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
HOLY SMOKES !!!! I knew you had a good report coming.....but geeze. What some cats, what a monster. CONGRATULATIONS! I can hardly wait till next week to get the story up close and personal. Please don't wash all the smell and flavor of Africa off for a few more days yet.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this morning the magnatude of this safari finally settled in on me.
This would have been an "EPIC" adventure to me & I'm quite sure it was to Will as well.
Truely a memorable experience!
Congratulations Will.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Great hunt Will, congrats to you and Thierry. You guys continue to make a great team!

I met Thiery's parents on my way out of Harare in April, nice people.

Which scope did you end up using, and was it indeed "traditional" (no illumination)?

Have you thought about how you will be mounting that magnificent lion?

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great report, AWESOME lion!

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done Will! Sorry I'm tardy on my reply...been busy. I spent a good bit of time visiting with Thierry in Roger's old camp in Chewore South in '06...he put us onto a great kudu bull...what a fine fellow! Keep well my friend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36635 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Will,

I realize you are probably catching up on some work... but, we need more photos !!!

Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Please excuse the excessive pictures." You're kidding, right????? I agree with ghostbird - I want more photos! Will, so glad you got the same lion you saw a year ago, gave a name to, and have been dreaming about ever since. That makes him even more special. He's truly every hunter's dream - the perfect lion. Like bwana cecil said, the word "EPIC" comes to mind. A perfect safari for sure. And a fantastic hunt report too.

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote