The Accurate Reloading Forums
2018 Namibia Hunting, Camping, and Fish Trip

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/3931017162

12 September 2020, 05:10
Austin Hunter
2018 Namibia Hunting, Camping, and Fish Trip
I never got around to publishing a report for the trip my 15 year old daugther (at the time) and I took to Namibia in 2018. I figured with the absence of reports given Covid, I'd write one up. I didn't feel like pasting all the pictures, so please use the shared album link. Enjoy!

Namibia: June 18 – July 2
Airline: KLM (drive Austin to Houston; then Houston – Amsterdam – Windhoek)
Outfitter: Stormberg Elangeni safaris
PHs: John Sparks and Petrus Brenkman
Cameraman: Danie Elks
Areas: Otjiwa Game Ranch, Orupembe Conservancy (the Kaokoveld), Henties Baai (Fish Fever Cabin)
Rifles: 375 H&H Mauser M03 with 250 gr TTSX & 35 Whelen 1917 Enfield with 225 gr TSX
Arrive/Depart: June 18th/July 2nd
Animals taken: Black (2) and blue wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, blesbok, kudu, red hartebeest, warthog, Hartmann’s zebra, springbok (3), gemsbok (2)
Animals seen: baboon, giraffe, rhino, eland, leopard, jackal
Shooting: No animals missed, no animals wounded or lost. Both gemsbok, zebra, and 2 springbok 300+ yards.
Pictures: I had a lot, please use this album link. Pictures

Well Darn - it's keep truncating my trip report - here's a shared Word Document until I can get this solved.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdz7...6c/Namibia.docx?dl=0

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.
12 September 2020, 10:28
Cougarz
Some nice photos and trophies. It looks like it was quite the adventure for both you and your daughter. What's the story with what looks like a tank smashed in at the top?

Thanks for posting this and yes it's definitely been a rather dry year for folks posting reports new or old.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*
13 September 2020, 01:57
Austin Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Some nice photos and trophies. It looks like it was quite the adventure for both you and your daughter. What's the story with what looks like a tank smashed in at the top?

Thanks for posting this and yes it's definitely been a rather dry year for folks posting reports new or old.

Those metal tanks were smashed in by elephants trying to get water at the very bottom. It was sad that the water station was no longer operating.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.
15 September 2020, 02:10
bwanajay
Congrats to you and your daughter! I enjoyed reading the report and seeing all the pics.
16 September 2020, 07:24
Hannay
Thanks for posting the report. What a great trip with your daughter. The kaokoveld is a fantastic place to visit.

Reindeer & Geese, Iceland, 2023
Plains Game, Eastern Cape, 2023
Buff - Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe, 2022
Muskox-Greenland, 2020
Roe buck and muntjac in England, 2019
Unkomaas Valley, RSA, 2019
Kaokoland, Namibia, 2017
Wild boar hunting in Sweden, 2016
Moose hunting in Sweden, 2014

How to post photos on AR