Find
Notify
Tools

Luke Samaras Safaris - Masailand
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted
I have booked with Luke for 4 years now with great success, but I thought I would post this while it was fresh on my mind. I just returned from hunting with him on Sunday, and I have to say that Luke runs one of the best operations in all of Africa. The camps are great, his staff is excellent, and most importantly, he has great areas. His Selous area is fantastic, but so is his Masailand area.

Luke is one of the few guys in the area that has water right now, so we looked at tons of Buffalo every day (I shot a 40" Buff). I also shot a really nice Grant's Gazelle and a Zebra, which were the only 3 animals I went for. I could have shot a second Buff, but I had a client in camp who hadn't taken one yet so we pulled together for him. We also saw lots of Lions, and another of my clients took a really big one. The mane wasn't great, but he was so big my client shot him straight away on the first night in the blind. He also shot a Lesser Kudu, Gerenuk, Dik-Dik, and Oryx and some odds and ends before departing for the Selous. This was truly my favorite safari, and I am going back to hunt with Luke in the Selous next year.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
Luke runs Tanzania Game trackers, is that correct?

Good hunting.
Lion

Posts: 43 | Location: Palmer College of Chiropractic,Iowa | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Luke does not run TGT, his company name is Luke Samaras Safaris.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can one book directly with Like Samaras?
DJ.

Posts: 214 | Location: UK. | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
You probably could, but I would be happy to assist you. I can be reached at ggrod@msn.com.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote