The Accurate Reloading Forums
Luke Samaras Safaris - Masailand

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/288105101

05 September 2002, 10:16
Greg R
Luke Samaras Safaris - Masailand
I have booked with Luke for 4 years now with great success, but I thought I would post this while it was fresh on my mind. I just returned from hunting with him on Sunday, and I have to say that Luke runs one of the best operations in all of Africa. The camps are great, his staff is excellent, and most importantly, he has great areas. His Selous area is fantastic, but so is his Masailand area.

Luke is one of the few guys in the area that has water right now, so we looked at tons of Buffalo every day (I shot a 40" Buff). I also shot a really nice Grant's Gazelle and a Zebra, which were the only 3 animals I went for. I could have shot a second Buff, but I had a client in camp who hadn't taken one yet so we pulled together for him. We also saw lots of Lions, and another of my clients took a really big one. The mane wasn't great, but he was so big my client shot him straight away on the first night in the blind. He also shot a Lesser Kudu, Gerenuk, Dik-Dik, and Oryx and some odds and ends before departing for the Selous. This was truly my favorite safari, and I am going back to hunt with Luke in the Selous next year.
19 April 2003, 18:45
Lion
Greg,
Luke runs Tanzania Game trackers, is that correct?

Good hunting.
Lion
20 April 2003, 13:47
Jerry Huffaker
Luke does not run TGT, his company name is Luke Samaras Safaris.
24 April 2003, 00:49
DJ.
Can one book directly with Like Samaras?
DJ.
25 April 2003, 03:30
Greg R
You probably could, but I would be happy to assist you. I can be reached at ggrod@msn.com.