Find
Notify
Tools

Zim unrest
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Terry and any who are going to Zimbabwe..Just read this morning eastern time...Political unrest and banks and stores closing or closed...May want to check into countries status...
T.C. I know you are leaving Fri. for els...I hope all goes will and leave a nice tusker for me...keep a good sight picture!!!

Mike

Freedom is not Free

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Mike,

We are still on. Emailed outfitter and everything is quiet on their remote concession. As long as SAA will fly us to Harare to catch the charter flight, we are going.

Regards,

Terry

[ 06-04-2003, 19:23: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I can't begin to tell you the unrest I am having NOW with being still 8 weeks away from flying out to hunt buffalo for the first time.

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with SAA, all flights to Zimbabwe are operating as normal.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was there last Saturday and all was fine. I would go without hesitation. In fact i'm in the mood to go.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi
I'm leaving on Tuesday for Matetsi 6. So far so good. Not too worried because I can fly directly from Joburg to Vic Falls. In better times I would have spent a night or two in town and gone rafting or to the falls-now I'm off to the hunting area directly. All the Best to you guys who are going and congratulations to the recent returnees.
Good Huntin' Nech

Posts: 41 | Location: The rustbelt | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
From a hunter�s perspective, the biggest problems in Zim at the moment is purchasing supplies, spare parts, and fuel. However, these have been the same problems for the past ten years.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just watched a BBC world program about Zim. Mugabe still in power by force. Very depressing. Be careful and keep safe.