The Accurate Reloading Forums
Zim unrest

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/226108101

05 June 2003, 02:12
retreever
Zim unrest
Terry and any who are going to Zimbabwe..Just read this morning eastern time...Political unrest and banks and stores closing or closed...May want to check into countries status...
T.C. I know you are leaving Fri. for els...I hope all goes will and leave a nice tusker for me...keep a good sight picture!!!

Mike

Freedom is not Free
05 June 2003, 03:47
T.Carr
Mike,

We are still on. Emailed outfitter and everything is quiet on their remote concession. As long as SAA will fly us to Harare to catch the charter flight, we are going.

Regards,

Terry

[ 06-04-2003, 19:23: Message edited by: T.Carr ]
05 June 2003, 04:38
Aspen Hill Adventures
I can't begin to tell you the unrest I am having NOW with being still 8 weeks away from flying out to hunt buffalo for the first time.
05 June 2003, 04:40
T.Carr
Just got off the phone with SAA, all flights to Zimbabwe are operating as normal.

Regards,

Terry
05 June 2003, 12:17
LV Eric
I was there last Saturday and all was fine. I would go without hesitation. In fact i'm in the mood to go.
06 June 2003, 03:22
nechaev
Hi
I'm leaving on Tuesday for Matetsi 6. So far so good. Not too worried because I can fly directly from Joburg to Vic Falls. In better times I would have spent a night or two in town and gone rafting or to the falls-now I'm off to the hunting area directly. All the Best to you guys who are going and congratulations to the recent returnees.
Good Huntin' Nech
06 June 2003, 04:17
Zero Drift
From a hunter�s perspective, the biggest problems in Zim at the moment is purchasing supplies, spare parts, and fuel. However, these have been the same problems for the past ten years.
07 June 2003, 16:23
mete
Just watched a BBC world program about Zim. Mugabe still in power by force. Very depressing. Be careful and keep safe.