New
Find
Notify
Tools

News from CCMdoc in Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Paul and his father are in Namibia now hunting in Khartoum with Karl Stumpfe. He emailed me today that they scored on a 158-lb Leopard, using his new VC 375 Flanged DR. They also spotted an 80-lb Elephant, but it made it back into the park before allowing a stalk.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear about the leopard.

Hope Doc is able to conect with that 80 pounder!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I can't wait till that 600n.e. barks.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, for sure!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nicholosi
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they are off to a good start. I wish them continued success.

John

Life Member Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member NRA
DRSS

Posts: 131 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just received a text msg.... "got our elephant", no other details

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I heard....no other details yet other than the 600 NE worked just fine...what a surprise!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Man I'm dying to hear the deets on the elephant!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16374 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's in the 50's. Paul shot it, father backed him up. Nice!

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Good for them! Look forward to hearing a full report.

clap

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
It's in the 50's. Paul shot it, father backed him up. Nice!

Jon....did he use the 600OK? I thought that rifle wasn't making the trip.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
He used his 600nitro express Verney Caron double rifle.
Way to go Paul and Dad. Chui and tembo spells success.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob, I believe Paul brought the 600 and 375 Verney Caron doubles, and a 416 Weatherby for back-up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr Paul just sent me pix of the Ele and Leopard. One shot of his ole' Dad standing over the Ele with his 375 double....priceless!

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

Very limited connectivity here in Namibia but I have some momentarily.

Photos of leopard and elephant in the Double Rifle (Double Rifle Bullet of the Future thread) and Big Bore Forum (Terminal Bullet Performance).

Khaudum tented camp was exactly what we asked for. Karl Stumpfe has worked his tail off and we have been blessed to take a leopard on day 4 and elephant on day 7 (or 8 - can't remember at the moment).

Now on the trail of oryx. I have been forbidden by Karl to call it Gemsbok since I can't work up enough phlegm to say the first part correctly.

Verney-Carron doubles have been the workhorse of this safari. 375 Flanged on their small frame (I think their first in this configuration) and the 600NE of which I have posted photos.

CEB #13 bullets have done the job in both cases. Non-con in the 375FL and 900grain solid in the 600NE.

Cat was dead before he hit the ground.

Elephant went down at the shot and received two more for good measure, including one from dad witht the 375Flanged spitting out 300 grain CEB#13 solids. First shot taken while ele was quatering away at 20 paces traversed from right occiput/mastoid to left temporal bone and found just under skin. I could reload it.

Full report next week.

Karl Stumpfe and Ndumo Safaris get 3 thumbs up!

Thanks and stay well my friends - I miss speaking with you and hearing your voices even if only through the virtues of the internet.

Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Congrats Paul!! We look forward to the full report! Well done!! tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That's good stuff.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc
Glad you did not shoot all the Jumbos
I hope there are 2 or 3 left for me.
Be with Karl in 10 days.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Larry,
There are plenty left including two over 80 pounders and one over 90 that might even go over 100.
Great time!
Karl - the very best!
Getting ready to head back home.
Looking forward to our return to Africa already.
Stay well,
Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been forbidden by Karl to call it Gemsbok since I can't work up enough phlegm to say the first part correctly.

That made me laugh even sitting here at the office. Congrats on a great hunt. Wish I were there.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Karl is never short on phlegm!!! :-)

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Here are some of the photos Doc has sent.

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote