New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster for Browning High Power?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for a holster(s) for my Browning High Power in 40S&W. Preferably something that could be worn as a concealed carry, but not averse to something more obvious. The concealed carry seems to me to be questionable as it has a rather substantial grip.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
Most belt holsters should work fine with a heavy coat over it. Even shoulder holsters. If you are talking about CC during summer, you may want to consider a pistol more suitable for it.

Galco has a wide variety of holsters to choose from and has always been my first choice.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you may want to consider a pistol more suitable for it.

Agreed! But I do like the gun! Actually CrossBreed has a slide holster which they claim fits the Browning. I might check it out.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try a Milt Sparks Summer Special or similar Inside the Waist Band type holster.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
quote:
you may want to consider a pistol more suitable for it.

Agreed! But I do like the gun!
Peter.

It's for sure a keeper. That's the best thing about winter. You can CC just about any way you want.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a good point. Living in Florida things are rather awkward in the Summer. With a vest, things get easier.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus One for the HiPower in 40 S&W!! I have a Belgian made and it is one of my two favorite handguns for carry.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What do you carry it in, Idaho?
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sparks Summer Special. They are only 22 miles from the house and Jim Walls, one of their holster makers; is one of the best "real gun" IPSC shooters I have ever seen in action. He knows from experience what works in CC.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Try a Milt Sparks Summer Special or similar Inside the Waist Band type holster.

Carried a Hi Power for many years until I finally wore it out shooting it. Used an Andrews Custom Leather IWB. No problems.

Andrews is well known in Florida and doesn't advertise because they don't need to. They do have a website, though. The MacDaniel II is the one I use for a variety of handguns, Sig, Smith, and Colt. They also make a great pancake, too.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
<Andrew cempa>
posted
I second Jetdvr- Andrews made a nice IWB rig for a student of mine, he loves it- I toted a SW 4006 for years in one, in Sothern Alabama and a Tshirt made it disappear (I was a few inches thinner then too...).

Andrews makes fine gunleather.

One of Us
Picture of WV3568
posted Hide Post
I regularly carry a HP in a Milt Sparks summer special IWB. excellent quality. had mine for years.

Posts: 75 | Location: South Charleston, WV | Registered: 13 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Go to Mernickle and look at his cross draw holsters. Can be worn either side.....when driving the cross draw side is more comfortable.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote