The Accurate Reloading Forums
Holster for Browning High Power?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6011036801/m/3681026811

13 October 2009, 17:10
Peter
Holster for Browning High Power?
I am looking for a holster(s) for my Browning High Power in 40S&W. Preferably something that could be worn as a concealed carry, but not averse to something more obvious. The concealed carry seems to me to be questionable as it has a rather substantial grip.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
14 October 2009, 08:48
griz78
Most belt holsters should work fine with a heavy coat over it. Even shoulder holsters. If you are talking about CC during summer, you may want to consider a pistol more suitable for it.

Galco has a wide variety of holsters to choose from and has always been my first choice.

14 October 2009, 17:26
Peter
quote:
you may want to consider a pistol more suitable for it.

Agreed! But I do like the gun! Actually CrossBreed has a slide holster which they claim fits the Browning. I might check it out.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
15 October 2009, 01:37
N E 450 No2
Try a Milt Sparks Summer Special or similar Inside the Waist Band type holster.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY
15 October 2009, 05:53
griz78
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
quote:
you may want to consider a pistol more suitable for it.

Agreed! But I do like the gun!
Peter.

It's for sure a keeper. That's the best thing about winter. You can CC just about any way you want.

15 October 2009, 06:36
Peter
That's a good point. Living in Florida things are rather awkward in the Summer. With a vest, things get easier.
Peter.

16 October 2009, 08:27
Idaho Sharpshooter
Plus One for the HiPower in 40 S&W!! I have a Belgian made and it is one of my two favorite handguns for carry.

Rich
16 October 2009, 17:20
Peter
What do you carry it in, Idaho?
Peter.

17 October 2009, 00:06
Idaho Sharpshooter
Sparks Summer Special. They are only 22 miles from the house and Jim Walls, one of their holster makers; is one of the best "real gun" IPSC shooters I have ever seen in action. He knows from experience what works in CC.

Rich
22 October 2009, 10:26
jetdrvr
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Try a Milt Sparks Summer Special or similar Inside the Waist Band type holster.

Carried a Hi Power for many years until I finally wore it out shooting it. Used an Andrews Custom Leather IWB. No problems.

Andrews is well known in Florida and doesn't advertise because they don't need to. They do have a website, though. The MacDaniel II is the one I use for a variety of handguns, Sig, Smith, and Colt. They also make a great pancake, too.
28 October 2009, 22:48
<Andrew cempa>
I second Jetdvr- Andrews made a nice IWB rig for a student of mine, he loves it- I toted a SW 4006 for years in one, in Sothern Alabama and a Tshirt made it disappear (I was a few inches thinner then too...).

Andrews makes fine gunleather.
16 March 2010, 08:37
WV3568
I regularly carry a HP in a Milt Sparks summer special IWB. excellent quality. had mine for years.
16 March 2010, 19:59
billinthewild
Go to Mernickle and look at his cross draw holsters. Can be worn either side.....when driving the cross draw side is more comfortable.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt