THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PERSONAL DEFENSE FORUM

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you ever had to use a carry gun in self defense?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GS:
quote:
Originally posted by BBBruce:
Google is full of references. Try http://www.neahin.org/programs.../statistics.htm#guns

To get perspective:
Over a half MILLION RAPES are committed in the US each year. Therefore, we should cut off ALL dicks at birth, for male children...

Likely don't have to. Republicans are over 45% and Obama already cut them off.

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
An alcoholic, bear-poaching, disbarred lawyer...

Good grief, BBBrucie, is this true? Confused

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Google is full of references. Try http://www.neahin.org/programs.../statistics.htm#guns

Your stat of "5000 child accidental gun deaths per year" is not there.

The CDC measure is less than half your number. I agree, it is still far to many, but a long way from your 5000 per year. So I will ask you once more to back it up with facts from a credible source.

Two researchers, Kleck and Gertz estimate that there are around 2.5 MILLION defensive gun uses per year in the States. Still think guns have no use in self defense?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GS:
quote:

To get perspective:
Over a half MILLION RAPES are committed in the US each year. Therefore, we should cut off ALL dicks at birth, for male children...

You chastise other posters for shit-stirring and making other offensive comments, and then you do the same. Is the hypocrisy of this lost on you?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GS:
quote:

To get perspective:

You chastise other posters for shit-stirring and making other offensive comments, and then you do the same. Is the hypocrisy of this lost on you?

As usual, he's drunk and confused. Seems to want to drag his vitriol from the Political Forum into this one, and a lot of you guys are helping him by taking him seriously.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
An alcoholic, bear-poaching, disbarred lawyer...

Good grief, BBBrucie, is this true? Confused

Nope, but don't let that stop you from using it. rotflmo

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GS:
quote:

To get perspective:

Throughout this thread I have not made derogatory personal attacks on anybody, even when personally attacked. Show me how many conservatives respond as civilly as me to personal rants? I have criticized what people say, such as shrof saying he carries a concealed weapon illegally and despises people who think they are above the law. That is different from a name calling personal attack.

If people don’t want their posts analyzed and commented on, why do they post? Are they just seeking “attaboy” applause? Debate here is the norm; it’s a web forum. If you wanna call it "shit stirring" be my guest, but its not. I am simply replying to what is posted. I’ve been doing it here since 2001, so you would think if there was anything wrong with it I would no longer be permitted to post.

It seems to me the people who complain are hypocritical. AR conservatives want positive reinforcement for their posts but cry foul if a reply doesn't stroke their feelings. Sounds wimpy to me. Liberals are much better at responding on point to criticism.

One of Us
Picture of wino
posted Hide Post
quote:

Throughout this thread I have not made derogatory personal attacks on anybody, even when personally attacked. Show me how many conservatives respond as civilly as me to personal rants? I have criticized what people say, such as shrof saying he carries a concealed weapon illegally and despises people who think they are above the law. That is different from a name calling personal attack.

If people don’t want their posts analyzed and commented on, why do they post? Are they just seeking “attaboy” applause? Debate here is the norm; it’s a web forum. If you wanna call it "shit stirring" be my guest, but its not. I am simply replying to what is posted. I’ve been doing it here since 2001, so you would think if there was anything wrong with it I would no longer be permitted to post.

It seems to me the people who complain are hypocritical. AR conservatives want positive reinforcement for their posts but cry foul if a reply doesn't stroke their feelings. Sounds wimpy to me. Liberals are much better at responding on point to criticism.

Hey beaver face, the question was have you ever used a carry gun in self defense, not your opinion of carry laws in the us, or death by handgun statistics. The politcal forum is your fishing hole,please use it as intended. We don't need a self righteous piece of canadian gopher shit clogging up the hole board. We don't mind our posts "analyzed" along as we stay on topic. middlefinger

"Earth First, we'll mine the other planets later"
"Strip mining prevents forest fires"

Posts: 2407 | Location: smokey southren humboldt county nevada | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Anyone think Desert Ram was out of line for using a gun to protect his Beer?

Me either. He was using a gun to protect himself and girlfriend from 10 drunks/meth heads.

It was a bad situation that could have gotten worse if not controlled while it was still possible to control it!

Case closed.

Inability to discern the gravity of the situation, in either direction, is a recipe for trouble.

Pulling a gun when there is no apparent need or not pulling a gun when there is a serious threat, though not readily apparent.

Tough choice. I would do what Desert Ram did. He recognized that the most important danger was not the beer, but the lives and safety of the people who were outnumbered.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would do what Desert Ram did.

So would I.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Desert Ram's situation brings up the real issue, and problem of having your actions reviewed by a jury, while they sit in a nice, heated, cozy, jury box, and, are far away and detached from the terror of facing 10 or more drunken idiots, who are intent on doing you harm, and, you are miles from any law enforcement intervention.

I firmly believe a look down my .510, or, .475 Linebaugh would be the best solution. Amazing how adrenal fluids can create sober folks...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's bump this up front and see what the trolls do.