New
Find
Notify
Tools

I changed an opinion yesterday
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Young CPL at work stated that he didn't mind hunting for food or pest control but didn't like trophy hunting. That got me triggered a bit but I kept my cool and explained "trophy" hunting from the perspective of Australia, US and Africa. After he thanked me, said I had changed his mind and he had a new perspective. He was amazed that what I told him wasn't more widely known, the African way of paid safari's and quota's for example. I told him the information's out there, he just has to do his research and have an open mind.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When my wife and I went to Africa last year one of our guides told us trophy hunting provides much more money for conservation than tourists like ourselves. My wife (a bit of a tree hugger despite being a a little bit of a hunter herself) was surprised to hear that. After seeing the "Big Five" and more up close and personal in three days she was convinced.

Posts: 451 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good work! tu2

A mate and I were hunting Architect creek in south westland earlier this year when the weather turned for the worse and it became clear we needed to seek appropriate shelter. We packed and headed for welcome flat hut. When we got there we found that Doc had closed the track due to the storm and the only occupants were the hut Warden- an Aussie vegan social justice greenie type who was there having a break from her time picketing some big coal mine back home. A french Vegan and her girlfreind who had hurt her ankle, and a Dutch vegetarian who had hurt her knee and who's boyfriend had abandoned her there to head out before the storm hit.
Because DOC dont charge you for staying there if they close the track, we moved into the Seirra room which is a better, higher fee part of the hut with hot shower and Cranked up the coal fire because it was freezing.
One by one we had knocks on the door and the other guests asked iff they could join us. Had quite a bit of fun pointing out the irony of enjoying a coal fire i can tell you.
Anyway talk soon turned to hunting and as you can imagine my mate and I got all the questions... "Why cant you just look at them?" and 'Do you agree with Donald Trumps sons?" ETC
We stayed calm and answered questions wisely as we could. Pointed out the irony of harming the environment wearing plastic clothes, talked a bit about why we hunt.
Once the storm cleared we walked the girls out to the road end and one of them said that when she got to Queenstown she would try find a hunter to take her hunting as now she wanted to se what it was like.
Cant ask for more than that.

Posts: 4317 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Why does it always come back to Trump rotflmo.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guy makes the news!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Young CPL at work stated that he didn't mind hunting for food or pest control but didn't like trophy hunting. That got me triggered a bit but I kept my cool and explained "trophy" hunting from the perspective of Australia, US and Africa. After he thanked me, said I had changed his mind and he had a new perspective. He was amazed that what I told him wasn't more widely known, the African way of paid safari's and quota's for example. I told him the information's out there, he just has to do his research and have an open mind.

https://www.nationalgeographic.../?user.testname=none

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Vegans make me ill. I have a friend with a vegan wife and when I invite them to dinner I always say, I certify that everything on the menu has only eaten vegetables. (usually meaning huge pieces of dead cow) She is not amused; don't care.

Posts: 17168 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Vegans make me ill. I have a friend with a vegan wife and when I invite them to dinner I always say, I certify that everything on the menu has only eaten vegetables. (usually meaning huge pieces of dead cow) She is not amused; don't care.

I always tell vegans that they are a hunter's best friend: they prove you don't have to eat meat to live, that those who do are doing it for their own pleasure. Now that we have established 90% of the population is deriving pleasure as a direct result of killing animals, what exactly do you find objectionable about hunting?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote