New
Find
Notify
Tools

In case you didn't know....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've ruined a few skulls with a finishing shot like that. I have started putting one in from the back of the head now.

The other "not so nice" aspect is it turns the brains to mush so when you cut the head off, it
leaks out everywhere either while you re carrying it or in the vehicle !!!

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Cal has a video of this 'finishing shot' on his site. The buff kept facing him as he circled trying to get a good shot off. So he finished it very effectively with this one.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll have a look. It wasn't meant as a criticism,
just I ended up with a few skulls on my back porch
with similar holes.

I can imagine it was effective !!!

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
505G - PM sent.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike:
Just reading thru all this again. Looks to me the bullet hole in that skull hit way too low for the brain cavity. IT sure is from the many beef I've killed with such shots.

I was always taught by the "old time Elk Killers to always shoot for a double lung shot, it you can't do that, don't shoot period".

Matt:
Between now and when Jack and I can get over there. Would you save a skull so we can study it? Would be best if it was split down the middle between the horns so show where the brain and horn cavity are.

Also, what is your "preferred shot" placement?

Thanks, enjoyed this other than the bullshit thrown about. That never fails to ruin a good thread!
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote