Tools

is there hope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
Read the last line twice so you really know how i feel you SBC

I my actually be a shitbagging cunt. It is possible. but listen Cunty, you're not really hitting the highs with your use of the word cunt. But I like a particular French phrase: Go fuck yourself in your own arsehole.

I have a friend who is a racist too. Just like you have a friend you met once that is Pakistani.

But enough about me and you, tell us more about the immigration problems in Australia in as much detail as you can.
We had an immigration problem recently too, another racist Australian as it turns out. Fucking Australia is actually exporting racism now.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I do love your honesty in admitting that you are indeed a SBC!
Just remember CH that when you bite someone you can expect to be bitten in return.

Life must be good in Port Chalmers eh Jimmy!

أنت أبله

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just remember CH that when you bite someone you can expect to be bitten in return.

أنت أبله

Life is good except I am giving up smoking hence my shitbagging cunt attitude. Half my family is Australian anyway. I keep forgetting.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsen Highway:
quote:

أنت أبله

Life is good except I am giving up smoking hence my shitbagging cunt attitude. Half my family is Australian anyway. I keep forgetting.

Dont blame the smokes for the sbc attitude,its not kosher. Perhaps write another book to help alleviate the woes that are troubling you haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Easy gents. Talk about the issue not call each other names.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Easy gents. Talk about the issue not call each other names.

I tried to get them back on topic but I'm just a visitor there.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
They can get worked up Frank Wink Big Grin

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta be kidding Bakesy that`s just massaging.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Damn - go away for a couple of days killing wallabies and miss all the excitement.......

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Didn't know you are an All Black.... sofa

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
How exciting Muzz ha ha.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Got invited to a cull on a big island mate . Night shooting , with thermal gear being the way to go.
I had to leave early due to a medical emergency at at home , but the the guys - 6 in total when I was there - had over 400 kills as at yesterday , from 200 hours of hunting .
Its not easy - these wallabies have a hundred years of spotlight experience - flick the light on them and they are gone

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Obviously not experienced with the thermal ha ha

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A mate of mine has had good results on pigs and wild dogs with thermals. Perhaps the .222 needs one Wink

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I had my thermal camera on the cricket mate......... between Aus and NZ

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
dunno mate - been tending a sick wife so not been keeping up with world events

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck gentlemen. Sounds like you all are going to need it.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are small cracks appearing. An admittance from the deputy commissioner of police that they havnt organised buy back sites after the first 3 months because they are not sure if they have got it right. This speaks volumes more. They are aware of growing resentment and the possibility gun owners are just not going to show up. the opposition parties are slowly starting to ask questions now too.

Posts: 4251 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's going to be very quiet in the Police Minister's office, the day after nobody shows up.
There's a bazillian SKS's in the country and they have no idea who owns them.

No matter what quantity gets handed in they will probably just declare it a success. What else can they do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
so that's why they asked you to come in and register any unregistered guns before the buy back started.

that's where I was trying to go in the other thread.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carlsen Highway,

During our buyback the authorities were "glowing" about the number of SKS/SKKs that they'd retrieved when one of the importers pointed out that they hadn't even retrieved the number of them that he had personally imported therefore how can they consider it a success ??

Strange thing is. Where are they??? They don't seem to be turning up in crime ……….you don't see them in pictures of the "weapons, cash, drugs seizures" when they hit the druggies.

So if they're not turning up in crime perhaps they weren't the problem...……..but the authorities that had to be "seen to be doing something" will never admit that.

I never liked SKS/SKKs. But I believe that anybody who bought one with their own hard earned cash, who behaved themselves with it, should be able to own one.

They need to tackle the problem, the drug gangs, not follow methods that have failed everywhere else in the world.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twobobbwana:
Carlsen Highway,

During our buyback the authorities were "glowing" about the number of SKS/SKKs that they'd retrieved when one of the importers pointed out that they hadn't even retrieved the number of them that he had personally imported therefore how can they consider it a success ??

Strange thing is. Where are they??? They don't seem to be turning up in crime ……….you don't see them in pictures of the "weapons, cash, drugs seizures" when they hit the druggies.

So if they're not turning up in crime perhaps they weren't the problem...……..but the authorities that had to be "seen to be doing something" will never admit that.

I never liked SKS/SKKs. But I believe that anybody who bought one with their own hard earned cash, who behaved themselves with it, should be able to own one.

They need to tackle the problem, the drug gangs, not follow methods that have failed everywhere else in the world.

100%. I didn’t like them much and owned one for a very short time in the early 90’s, however I discussed them with a police inspector and seems like only about 10% of the official number were handed in.

Former PM Bob Hawke had them coming in by the tonne in a trade deal with China.

They don’t seem to be a weapon of choice in armed crime however.

DRSS

Posts: 1908 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I think the lack of compliance will be confirmed by the next wave of law changes , supposedly due to be afflicted on us at the end of next month. If those law changes result in calibre restrictions like the rumours suggest then its a given that people will not comply.
Restricting to under .300 Win Mag as suggested will drive all those larger calibres underground , and the guy with a bigger cal likely also has an AR-15 too . So no prizes for guessing where they will go

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rockdoc,

My recollections of the SKS/SKK was that you could have gotten one for $180 and that included a case of 1,200 rounds of ammo.

Even at that price I never coveted one. Shot one that a mate had and I thought it was awkward, ugly, loud and just a "case emptier".

But as I said. If it's what turns you on and it's your hard earned money, and you behave yourself with it then I have no issue with you owning one.

Back during our buyback too many shooters adopted the attitude of "I don't want one so they don't need one" and even some of the shooting organisations (the one's that shot Olympic disciplines) took the approach that no body needs one...……….cause we don't. You even had Olympic shotgun shooters on the news saying "that if you can't hit it with two shots then you shouldn't be shooting"...…….That didn't help at all.

No gun ever ran out and committed a mass shooting......therefore this is a people problem.

When someone thinks shooting a bunch of unarmed civilians/women and children will solve the issue it's a "shit for brains" problem not a gun problem.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twobobbwana I agree. Division is weakness.

I bought my SKS or SKK in 1990, with three 30 shot mags, fold out bayonet new in styrofoam box for $150. Bought pmc Ammo but could buy a case of Chinese Ammo for about 1200 rounds for I think $140. I still thought it was crappy after shooting it and sold it for a modest profit.

Saw one recently that had been bought in to a Tamworth gunshop, rounds still in the mags etc.!

DRSS

Posts: 1908 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Well - the first staged buy-back event has been held in Christchurch. Reportly less than 200 people showed up , with about 230 firearms .

I suspect that many of those who turned up were members of the Police or Military who were instructed to appear and turn in their privately owned firearms , but naturally no one will confirm that.

Police are calling it a resounding success - but if you extrapolate the numbers out by the 285 sites across the country you still only get 66000 firearms - which would barely be scratching the surface of privately owned but now banned firearms.

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I hope every American gun owner is watching what is happpebing to us

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of fudds in the gun owning community.

AKA those who are willing to sell out others so they can keep theirs.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a failure despite how they present it.
NZ's second or third biggest city with 35,000 licence holders and they got 200 people show up.
And those people probably had registered E cat firearms so had to show, some will be labour voters organised by the party, and some will be guys that have unwanted guns and are taking advantage of the situation.

Posts: 4251 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This editorial from Mike Hosking is on the money.

The same day he interviewed the prime minister with thesis concerns and her reply was simply that she choses to do the ban.

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/o...nced-by-gun-buyback/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done I’d say. Congrats.

quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Well - the first staged buy-back event has been held in Christchurch. Reportly less than 200 people showed up , with about 230 firearms .

I suspect that many of those who turned up were members of the Police or Military who were instructed to appear and turn in their privately owned firearms , but naturally no one will confirm that.

Police are calling it a resounding success - but if you extrapolate the numbers out by the 285 sites across the country you still only get 66000 firearms - which would barely be scratching the surface of privately owned but now banned firearms.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
You guys don't get it. Our mindset is not the same as yours.

We in NZ are per capita more gun friendly than the US. We just do not have a history or a mindset of shooting each other.

Now the US and Australia have a long history of "wild west" gun fighting, "sport hunting" of indigenous & minorities people, armed police, people carrying guns for self defense etc. We do not.

This idea of approaching a foreign gun lobby for funding is criminal. It is like approaching China or Russia or some other foreign power for funding to manipulate local politics. It is treason, plain and simple.

Look at what is happening right now - no one is ranting and raving against our sporting arms or even debating banning semi auto shotguns and .22 rifles etc. Remington 760 (?), Winchester 100, Browning BAR, H&K etc. in hunting calibers are not even up for discussion.

We do not need a Pauline Hanson or a Donald Trump here in NZ. Our politics is good for us.

In fact Jacinda Adern is making a huge impression globally for here decisive and compassionate leadership.

Just going back reading this thread. I hope some of you have changed your tune now you have lost oyur Rem 760, browning BAR's all 22RF with more than 10 shot mags!

Posts: 36 | Location: Tauranga, New Zealand | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Ouch!

Over to you Naki!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
His basic point is still valid, and it won't have changed his mind. This is not an issue of "rights" and firearms are not regarded the same way here as in the USA.

And there have been no "social unrest" because you cant buy an SKS anymore - forget about starting a revolution - as was the advice of some American members. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
No social unrest - just noticeable non-compliance

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
No social unrest - just noticeable non-compliance

I have no dog in this fight but I'm sure sorry to see this happening.

Massive non compliance seems the best avenue to fight this, If that's what y all want.

I sure wish you good folks the best.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote