Tools

is there hope
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
that weekend my 19 year old son was scared and in his flat in Hamilton

Come on Naki,scared of effn what?
The two towns are nearly 600 miles apart.
Take him lion hunting on foot to see what scared is.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
To be honest Gryphon1 there are parts of Hamilton I wouldn’t visit without Armour and Air Support Eeker

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Gryph

You need to go and find the real world mate.

You check out with your aboriginals and pacific island communities and ask them (if they really trust you and want to be honest with you) if they get scared or intimidated in some parts of the city etc. I mean just in day to day life and not a terrorist attack.

Here in NZ I have spoken to some of my workers and supervisors (Maori & pacific Island guys) during casual lunch room chats and suddenly every one goes quiet, some walk off. It took a few years before the odd person trusted me enough to share with me about their concerns about prejudice and how they dare not speak up.

Now take a situation of the Christchurch incident and armed cops in full alert all over the country, and a mild mannered young kid is sure to be sacred. Heck, there were people sharing on social media at that time of South Asians being yelled at on the road and told to "go home" like that cowardly bigot told me here.

Some people have no clue how ethnic minorities feel and how they handle prejudiced behaviour.

I am 60+ and not a timid guy. But I can understand my son being scared in that situation.

The point I am making is you do not have a clue as you do not face such a situation. Also don't miss my other comment about the conversation over dinner with the family. Most people here would not even dream of such a situation at home, let alone explaining to kids and telling them to keep their mouths shut and just walk away if anyone starts a conversation on the subject.

quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
that weekend my 19 year old son was scared and in his flat in Hamilton

Come on Naki,scared of effn what?
The two towns are nearly 600 miles apart.
Take him lion hunting on foot to see what scared is.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gryph

Naki I hit 67 in a few days this month and have seen enough and have lived enough of the truly real world to know that you are starting to be delusional in your rantings.

I asked you a question,a valid question..that was "your son was scared of what?" 1000 k`s away that is.

I`m scared too, that is of my country being taken over by minorities whether they be outspoken Green,Black,Yellow or White.

Now back to the OP "posted Mar 22, 1:53 AM
been following the news and wondering if there is any hope that the anti gunners will get overturned and you guys get to keep your guns?"

You have been instrumental in cracking the drizzling shits over everything but.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I think I am a pretty reasonable sort of a guy , certainly have tried to be over this whole firearms debacle .Spent some time on the phone at work today playing councillor to a couple of guys who arent handling this very well.Its wearing me down too, and thats probably why my next sentence will sound a tad unkind.

Naki - pull your fucking head in. Stop being an argumentative cunt . I am over it , and I think lots of others are too. The reasoned conversation ended a while ago, when you persisted in antagonising anyone who didnt agree with you . Just leave it - its time to walk away.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Calling each other names and dividing us is what the shooter wanted.
Nah! I doubt that,he couldn't see that far,he just wanted to kill as many as he could.
My own personal opine is that he was got too...brainwashed even.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:

Naki - pull your fucking head in. Stop being an argumentative cunt .

Ha ha are you sure that you are not an Aussie Muzz?
Thats genuine Aussie speak.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
tired of the bullshit , thats all. I am not a criminal , I am not responsible for this situation , and I am over watching every other bastard throw us all under the bus to save their own sorry arses.

My great grandparents were aussies , so maybe theres enough mongrel left in me yet

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
My great grandparents were aussies , so maybe theres enough mongrel left in me yet

Fuck Muzz I KNEW you had some good in you ha ha ha.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Muzza

Now you want to win the argument right?

The whole thing blew up when Top Predator the racist bigot started making personal attacks and you started supporting him.

I did not call names or make personal attacks.

Now how about taking some responsibility? Can you? Honestly?

Stop blaming others and stop giving excuses.

Man up for a change.

quote:
I think I am a pretty reasonable sort of a guy , certainly have tried to be over this whole firearms debacle .Spent some time on the phone at work today playing councillor to a couple of guys who arent handling this very well.Its wearing me down too, and thats probably why my next sentence will sound a tad unkind.

Naki - pull your fucking head in. Stop being an argumentative cunt . I am over it , and I think lots of others are too. The reasoned conversation ended a while ago, when you persisted in antagonising anyone who didnt agree with you . Just leave it - its time to walk away.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
You are responsible because you supported your mate who is a racist bigot. Now man up.

You had no bloody right to ask me to stop posting here when your mate was making racist comments & you supported him.

Can you man up?

quote:
tired of the bullshit , thats all. I am not a criminal , I am not responsible for this situation , and I am over watching every other bastard throw us all under the bus to save their own sorry arses.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Piss off Griph.

I was posting on the OP when the bigoted racist said that I was not wanted in NZ.

I guess you forgot to read somewhere during your golden showers Wink

quote:
quote:
Gryph

Naki I hit 67 in a few days this month and have seen enough and have lived enough of the truly real world to know that you are starting to be delusional in your rantings.

I asked you a question,a valid question..that was "your son was scared of what?" 1000 k`s away that is.

I`m scared too, that is of my country being taken over by minorities whether they be outspoken Green,Black,Yellow or White.

Now back to the OP "posted Mar 22, 1:53 AM
been following the news and wondering if there is any hope that the anti gunners will get overturned and you guys get to keep your guns?"

You have been instrumental in cracking the drizzling shits over everything but.

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Ooh ooh ooh
I have something I want to say.

I'm going to resist. Theres no point in feeding a internet troll.

If I offended any real trolls please forgive me. (:

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Piss off Griph.

I was posting on the OP when the bigoted racist said that I was not wanted in NZ.

I guess you forgot to read somewhere during your golden showers

Naki I could just about piss on you mate,it seems you are on fire and all upset about some trivial trite thing.

A bloke called me a white cunt the other day,I said "thank you my sunblocks working"

Oh before you start your fucking silly tanty spit the dummy shit and try and make me a racist I will advise that I took out a dark skinned Pakistani Muslim fella (now a mate) sambar hunting last Sept,he shot two stags and we had a great time together,now fuck off yourself cobber.

BTW that Paki Muslim is a great mate of mine now.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Gryph though I never met you and despite the various grumpy arguments, I actually like you.

I do not agree with some of your BS but I still like you. We have shared some friendly banter in the past.

What really pissed me off was someone telling me that I am the problem in NZ and I should not be here, I should be fed to the lions etc. That is just not on.

Yes I am pissed off with Muzza but I have had some friendly chats with him in the past for many years and I will get over it.

The other guy, I don't care.

This was a perfectly civil debate until he started making personal attacks.

The sad part is not one of you guys called him out.

quote:
quote:
Piss off Griph.

I guess you forgot to read somewhere during your golden showers

Naki I could just about piss on you mate,it seems you are on fire and all upset about some trivial trite thing.

A bloke called me a white cunt the other day,I said "thank you my sunblocks working"

Oh before you start your fucking silly tanty spit the dummy shit and try and make me a racist I will advise that I took out a dark skinned Pakistani Muslim fella (now a mate) sambar hunting last Sept,he shot two stags and we had a great time together,now fuck off yourself cobber.

BTW that Paki Muslim is a great mate of mine now.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote The sad part is not one of you guys called him out.EQ

Geezuz Naki WTF,are you gonna let go some day?

I have my opinions just as you have your own and I saw no need for calling him out..like wtf for,stop being so
sensitively aggrieved ffs.

I like you too xxxxx mwah!

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
What shall I take responsibilty for , sir ? Being the same age as you ? Ok - I am .

Having a firearms licence - which I have had since I turned 16 ? Yes .

Having the appropriate endorsements on that licence to allow me to collect firearms , and own those that we have now called MSA's ? Yes - thats me

For spending 28 years of my life being a New Zealand Mountain Safety Council Firearms Safety Instructor - all unpaid volunteer time - assisting people who sought a firearms licence through the safety lecture and written test process ? Yes - I am responsible , and proud , to have done that.

For teaching a whole bunch of youngsters how to safely handle firearms , how to hunt , how to spend time in the outdoors without hurting themselves or anyone else ? Yes , I am responsible for that too

Being the cause of the strife we are now facing because a terrorist from another country came here and deliberately murdered a bunch of defenseless people? No - I had not one ounce of responsibility for that - and nor did you

Being part of the NZ POlice Force whose slack abilities allowed that terrorist to get a gun licence in NZ? No - I am not responsible - neither are you .

Being part of that same Police Force who ignored a warning about the terrorist that he was a loose cannon ? No - and you didnt either .

For doing my damndest to motivate people to stand up and be counted over this whole affair? Yes - yes I damn well have .

For sticking my neck out and helping people make submissions to the proposed law change in the 2 days we have been given? Yes - I have . Did you make a submission?

For sticking up for all firearms owners , even though I dont have an mssa , or any other type of firearm that is now on the prohibited list ? Yep - that me as well.

For being the listening ear for more than a few people who arent handling this very well , taking work time and a fucking lot of my home time to be a free counselling service to people who are hurting through no fault of their own? Yes - thats me as well.

For getting fucked off when you persist in shit stirring anyone who disagrees with you "Im an immigrant , Ive been here for 27 years" bleat? Yes - thats me too.

For standing by and watching the things I have held dear in my 60 years here in this country wrenched away from me when I have done NO wrong ? Absolutely .

For being disgusted at the way the media and the politicians in this country has made me and my friends out to be criminals and murderers at every minute , with no right of reasonable reply? Yes - I am responsible for that level of disgust too.

So what the fuck else do you want me to be responsible for ?

And what have you done for the firearms community in NZ lately ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
didn't realise you had taken on those roles. cheers Muzza.
Having put myself forward to represent hunters at fish and game for 9 years I well know what effort it takes to do something for your community. Im extremely disappointed that the F&G CEO choose the line he did. All he had to do was say nothing...

Posts: 4251 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Shanks - I didnt mention 6 years as a F and G Honourary Ranger some 20 years ago , or ten years as the Bulletin Editor for the New Zealand Cartridge Collectors Club either as they arent really gun related , but I wouldnt have changed my life at all , with hindsight.
Or two x 3 year terms on our local community board too , so I guess that makes me kind of responsible in most things I do....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get the irony.

Posts: 4251 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Emotions getting a bit high. Lets try to keep it civil gents Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I am done with this. Over.

I didn't come here to fight with people or break up relationships.

I have made friends here, hunted with them, people here have helped my boy hunt. I am proud to be part of the community.

Yes I was offended when one person here said that I should not be part of NZ community in the context of this thread. Yes I was offended that another person supported his mate and asked me to stop posting here.

I just reiterated my position. I do not have to justify it.

To each his own. Have a good day.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
This is kind of an old thread now - but I have to ask ;

Naki - are you happy now ???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread.

I agree with Nakihunter.

If saving one persons life is the result of handing in semi-auto rifles then NZ firearms owners will accept it.
There is no right to have a firearm in this country. It's a privilege extended to responsible people.

And the Americans bleating on about how ownership of a gun is a human right that cannot be contravened...is horseshit.
If that was true they wouldn't have to have the second amendment. But they do, because their country was founded in a revolution and they have to validate starting their country with treason and bloodshed. Plus they are all afraid of black people after hundreds of years of oppressing them. Apparently American black people are all criminals too. Gotta have a gun.

Meanwile, Shankspony has valid points too - the new law changes are poorly thought out, and badly written.
And they have been rolled up into a current form of government attempts at control that also has introduced jail terms for people reading bits of paper or watching videos, and popularising new attempts at laws regarding hatespeech.

Any society that can put people in jail for posting a comment on Facebook has overreached itself into an excessive authoritarianism that Orwell warned us against.

Oh, and Gryphon is a racist.
Apparently a handful of people from a different culture terrify him. I am unafraid of people who are not white. Not sure what I am supposed to be afraid of actually. Bu then the national past times of Australia are rugby and racism, so no surprises there.

Top Predator is plainly a racist, who sounds like he is embarrassed to be in NZ. That could be easy sorted for him. He could go back where he came from I suppose. But most of the English people who immigrate here are racists in my experience.

And Muzza is now poking someone with a stick just to see if he can still hurt him, which is malicious and unworthy.

Then there is me, watching over all. Like a giant floating head. Seeing everything and knowing all, but unable to interfere in the ways of men.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and Gryphon is a racist.
Apparently a handful of people from a different culture terrify him. I am unafraid of people who are not white. Not sure what I am supposed to be afraid of actually.

Before you label me you miserable poncing germ have a look in your own back yard.
Pontificating on this forum like you try to do showcases your own inability to comprehend wtf is going on at any time.

FYI carlsen dirt road last year I took out my very good friend from the UK sambar hunting and he took two stags...it didnt matter one fkn iota that

1 he is dark skinned of Pakistani heritage.
2 Also he is a practicing Muslim so go fk yaself you shitbag C**t.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Read the last line twice so you really know how i feel you SBC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsen Highway:
Interesting thread.
I agree with Nakihunter.
[quote]If saving one persons life is the result of handing in semi-auto rifles then NZ firearms owners will accept it.

That reasoning removes all guns, since all gun types will be used in homicides, accidents or other mischief and I think any NZ who acceeds to that logic is as stupid as you are trying to sound.
quote:

There is no right to have a firearm in this country. It's a privilege extended to responsible people.

Incorrect. There are legal rights to own firearms now, since the law allows them. The issue is the right, ways and means the government has to alter these laws, from now on.
quote:

And the Americans bleating on about how ownership of a gun is a human right that cannot be contravened...is horseshit.
If that was true they wouldn't have to have the second amendment. But they do, because their country was founded in a revolution and they have to validate starting their country with treason and bloodshed.

Like the British entered NZ and drew the inhabitants into wars and treaties in the English Language, which you also speak, was a completely blood free affair Wink
quote:

Top Predator is plainly a racist, who sounds like he is embarrassed to be in NZ. That could be easy sorted for him. He could go back where he came from I suppose. Or he could just go to Australia, where the national past times are rugby and racism.
But most of the English people who immigrate here are racists in my experience.

So you generalise most of a country group racist, while decrying everyone else as racists?
quote:

And Muzza is now poking someone with a stick just to see if he can still hurt him, which is malicious and unworthy.

From the guy who calls the arguments from all the US members 'Horseshit", their revolution treasonous, accuses two people as being racist and most of an entire migration group as being racist.
quote:

Then there is me, watching over all. Like a giant floating head. Seeing everything and knowing all, but unable to interfere in the ways of men.

Seeing all? You might want to start with seeing your own posts Mr floating head, you contradicted yourself almost every paragraph.

I am hoping you are the new troll actually because no one sane could post this poorly.

Posts: 3532 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like a giant floating head

I think that sums you up perfectly mate - except you left out the word 'dick "

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Paid muzza.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Like a giant floating head

I think that sums you up perfectly mate - except you left out the word 'dick "

animal

its good when people debating can come together when a complete idiot appears

Posts: 3532 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been around this and other forums for way too many years now. Have sat down for a beer with Gryph, Naki, Top Predator 30,06 and others. Including some of the over seas members. Ive enjoyed every one of those occasions. Havnt met Carlson or Muzza yet but kind of feel I know them and would enjoy an evenings company with either.
Also recognise that almost every one of you, including me can be or has been a Dick head or a cunt on more than one occasion.
Its part of what makes forums interesting.
The hard part at this trying time, I find, is limiting my writing to just the sensible because humour or irony etc might not be appropriate. With emotions high its easy to take things the wrong way.
Some shit laws are in play and what we can do best is be united. COLFLO is organising a legal fund. Get in and support them.The best thing we can do right now is make this govt look brittle and unorganised and only fit for one term.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsen Highway:
Plus they are all afraid of black people after hundreds of years of oppressing them. Apparently American black people are all criminals too. Gotta have a gun.

Karl pretty much made the proper response to Carlsen's post but I'll just add as to the above portion of the post .... what a bunch of utter bullshit.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Also recognise that almost every one of you, including me can be or has been a Dick head or a cunt on more than one occasion.

Who me? NOOOOOOOOO!

Ok maybe a little bit ha ha but some recent visitors are way bigger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, you're generally a good c#*t.

Ill start insulting you properly soon though if you don't send me any more Sambar pics!

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Sent you a Video instead.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheers for that. Those ears! Think i might have to pop over and visit you again.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
You`ll be saying that C word a lot more then,they are not easy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only if I leave your fridge door open..

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
If you're all done pissing on each other, I'd like to ask a question...

Is there a change in the law being contemplated to remove guns of certain size/ calibers/ energy levels?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are rumours of such, but I hope not and not sure how they would justify it or make it work.
The cost alone would prohibit it I imagine and there are already sectors of the non hunting community in the media starting to question the value of what will be achieved through current regulation changes.
Many are asking, If its only the law abiding who will give up their guns, What is being achieved at the cost of hundreds of millions?