New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airline not to use
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I've just posted a link to this thread into some of the other sections of AR. Hopefully some of our members will throw their weight behind this.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8051 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bulltahr
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the extra "documentation" is that the ground crew has to handle. Surely it is just the restricted check in baggage tag attached to the gun case..................
Smells like............... bsflag

Foot hunting for Tahr on our own private land since 1993.

www.kiwisafaris.co.nz

Posts: 47 | Location: South Is, NEW ZEALAND | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Finding out this information is the problem. Air New zealand is not being forthcoming with any information about what is being paid for here , despite several inquiries to more than one contact point.

I have an email in to the CEO plus 3 of his next-in-line execs and to date no response. Please ask the questions directly to Air New Zealand via their contact desk email listed in an earlier thread. The more who ask the stronger the case .....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Well - who would beleve it !!!

Just off the phone from a call from the head of Air New Zealand Customer Relaions - who name I omitted to write down - telling me that the Airline has reviewed the firearms fee this morning due to the feedback they have been getting , and they are dropping the fee all together.

I asked was this going to be made public via their Facebook page and personal emails to everyone who had contacted them , but the man wasnt going to commit to that. Time will tell.

So , if enough people object loudly enough you can get a result that is satisfactory to us , the little guys .

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to assist this cause - well done , pat yourselves on the back

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to let everyone know Air New Zealand have offered to refund the $120 they charged me for handling the firearm on my flight to Sydney in January.

I urge everyone that got charged this fee to contact customer support and request a refund..........if you want more details PM me.

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your response to Sara in regards to the firearm charges you paid on your recent trip with us. I called to discuss this issue with you and have left a message on your home phone.

This is not a charge that has been levied on firearms because they are used for sport but rather to cover the additional administration costs that carrying a firearm internationally involves. In fact, we have not introduced a firearms charge for domestic travel as it does not need the same level of clearance and administration requirements as international travel and our ground handling on our domestic network is managed in house and is not contracted to other companies or airline – therefore no additional contract handling costs.

Your concerns, in relation to the firearms charge, are valid and I have raised this with the wider Contact Centre Management team to ensure that the information we are providing in this regard is accurate.

Further I have been advised by our management team the firearms charge is currently being reviewed and your comments have been passed back to the area concerned so they can be taken into account during this review process. Should there be any change to this current charge, I will be happy to come back to you with an update.

Mr XXXX, in the mean time could you please forward to me directly your receipt for payment along with your bank account details so I may action a refund for you.

Regards

Kathryn