Tools

Well...who's been killing what?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MADNESS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Slater:
If you weren't so disagreeable, perhaps one of your betters would invite you to hunt stag in NZ? But then that would reveal your lack of hunting prowess! animal.

There is an invite for Gryphon to come to NZ and hunt with me any time he wants
There wont be any hunting the backs of farms or pine forest or paying a guild and hunting a south island station or using a tree stands/high seats or feed stations

It would be genuine free range public land bush hunting, no huts no track just wall to wall NZ native bush with a two day+ walk to get back to any formed track or road

There are very few guys on this forum out side of NZ (even a few on here from NZ) that would be successful with this type of hunting in this type of country on there own
Gryphon is one of very few that would be more than capable of hunting successful here this way

p.s. a question what the fuck is a "sitka" ?

Posts: 159 | Location: NEW ZEALAND | Registered: 03 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Oy your`e a champ Arron...

sitka is a blacktail deer cobber sorta whitetail with a blacktail.

well it can be a sitka spruce tree too haha.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Sitka-Deer-Hunting-Videos

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
... and have an opinion that you and your buddy from South Australia didnt like is quite frankly , not worth shit , and that is exactly my opinion of you .

Reading this I imagine this was supposed to me. Asked "Muzza" but no reply yet. Even though I don't visit here more than once a month, and it probably related to something several YEARS ago! The main dispute I remember with "Muzza" was his obvious dislike of Aussies (in his signature with every post, which is actually not said light heartedly) and a post where he called all of us on here "racists" over a discussion we were having at the time about a very unpleasant small town on the West coast of the Top End. Usually people don't like to be insulted, especially by someone whom has never even been to the NT.

Can't be about goats as I enjoy hunting feral goats and don't mind a hunt after them here in SA, nor in NZ, as they are good fun.

And I like Kiwis and most of them are great people.

More likely it was Muzza getting upset by comments about shooting tame deer in really small pens being called "hunting" in NZ by clients and many NZ outfitters that he is dredging from again YEARS AGO!

Gryphon and I have had short debates on the merits of different hunting in the past and probably while respectful of each others' opinion do differ quite a bit. So again a strange comment above. holycow

To the topic:

No larger game hunting yet this year. Small stuff. I love hares. Some foxes and rabbits as there are a lot around this year.

Later in the year I may just get to hunt something in the far Northern hemisphere if all goes to plan. thumb

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If your really lucky he might bring you down south to shoot more pet chamois out coalridge way Roll Eyes

Gun control is hitting your target!

Posts: 5 | Location: Hawkes Bay New Zealand | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote