New
Find
Notify
Tools

m70 pusher
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
this what I have for an action,,a long magnum. I would like to shoot casually,at least at first,,and want something that will do 1000meters,and for an occasional long poke at wiley coyotee,,I am thinkin' on a 6.5 rem. mag.( yes I know I have a long action ),pushin'140 spire point boat tails or berger vld's as slow as I can get away with to get it to 1000 and still be supersonic,,I'm thinkin' 2550 to 2800fps.I know the m70 is not ideal,but it is a good action and it has a very good trigger,tho I dont know about it for 1000 meter work.If I stay with target shooting I may get something better and use the M70 action for a 300 meter build,,,whad da ya think?

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Confuseddid i..........say somethin' wrong?????????????????????????/

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your action will be fine, for the intended use!
Feel better now?

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Panzerschmied.....you might get more response if your move your thread to the Small Caliber Forum.
Bob

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob,,my post is about the action,,not the caliber,,I just mentioned the caliber in cases it may be a consideration,,,the only "serious " shootin' I've ever done was position shootin' with various Anchutz .22's Confused,I am thinkin' on met.sil. shootin as well,so I may need get into to a bench class that I can shoot with a M.S. qualifiing(?) rifle,,as I am not exactly made of money since I started teaching. wave