The Accurate Reloading Forums
m70 pusher

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5611043/m/9741003041

11 September 2010, 08:46
Panzerschmied
m70 pusher
this what I have for an action,,a long magnum. I would like to shoot casually,at least at first,,and want something that will do 1000meters,and for an occasional long poke at wiley coyotee,,I am thinkin' on a 6.5 rem. mag.( yes I know I have a long action ),pushin'140 spire point boat tails or berger vld's as slow as I can get away with to get it to 1000 and still be supersonic,,I'm thinkin' 2550 to 2800fps.I know the m70 is not ideal,but it is a good action and it has a very good trigger,tho I dont know about it for 1000 meter work.If I stay with target shooting I may get something better and use the M70 action for a 300 meter build,,,whad da ya think?

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY
22 September 2010, 06:31
Panzerschmied
Confuseddid i..........say somethin' wrong?????????????????????????/

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY
22 September 2010, 15:24
DocEd
Your action will be fine, for the intended use!
Feel better now?

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level
22 September 2010, 23:33
bobgrow
Panzerschmied.....you might get more response if your move your thread to the Small Caliber Forum.
Bob

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA
25 September 2010, 23:56
Panzerschmied
Bob,,my post is about the action,,not the caliber,,I just mentioned the caliber in cases it may be a consideration,,,the only "serious " shootin' I've ever done was position shootin' with various Anchutz .22's Confused,I am thinkin' on met.sil. shootin as well,so I may need get into to a bench class that I can shoot with a M.S. qualifiing(?) rifle,,as I am not exactly made of money since I started teaching. wave