Find
Notify
Tools

Wildcat Bullets Ltd.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of asdf
posted
There's some interesting .22s listed on this company's site. Has anyone tried their bullets? Have they established a reputation?

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few of Richard's bullets. He makes some very heavy for caliber designs, as well the more standard weights. I like them, and they shoot well in the calibers I've tried them in. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
They are used a ton on longrangehunting.com

I wish they had published BC's.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
quote:
He makes some very heavy for caliber designs

Yes, the .25's are especially unusual for today. To stabilize his offerings you'd probably have to go to a cut-rifled barrel maker to get the needed twist. There used to be high SD bullets for this bore in the early part of the 1900s, but for reasons I don't understand, this ceased, and the 6.5 replaced it in the US.

Thanks for the info. In the exchanges I've had with him, he seems like a very straightforward guy. I'll have to try his bullets.

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote