THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Ill take it" vs. PM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I try to stay out of these discussions and after more thought,: I've edited my response to do just that. You all do what ever you want as sellers or buyers.

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lost a Gun on here by posting a PM in stead of I’ll take it. And just lost a Car on a Forum that was sold to someone else after I was the First inquiry!!! If you have to
ask what is proper etiquette to sell an item put it up on an Auction Site!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, If there is any justice in this world, his member fell off first.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1056 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People can ask all the questions they want. But the first "I'll take it" owns it.

I'm dam sure not going to consider something sold just because someone is asking me questions about it. IMO generally the more questions asked and the more photos requested equals less of a chance the person buys it. Either that or expect a very lowball offer.
There is one guy who always sends pm's no matter what the ad says. And he is always the one with 10 questions and a low ball offer who cries like a little bitch if someone else agrees to buy it before he makes up his mind. When the ad says post "I'll take it" it generally means the price is firm.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I get a “PM” post followed buy an I’ll take it, the sale goes to whomever meets my asking price. If you PM with questions, that’s understandable, but if while you’re thinking about it someone answers in the affirmative then you shoulda asked a little quicker. Sales are about business and business is about money. Money talks. That said, I have had situations in which an “I‘ll take it” has been followed by a higher offer. Business is business and it’s all about the money, but I also have the integrity to honor the first to commit even in the rare instance I left some profit on the table.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded emotional and sexual maturity".

Posts: 258 | Location: Winfield, WV | Registered: 06 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All this reminds me of when, in my early teens a guy was selling a Win. pump .22 and I offered him $5.00 for it. He said OK! When I saw him again I found out he sold it to a friend of mine for $7.00.

Boy was I pissed!

Hip

Posts: 1820 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter to me if someone says the three magic words by email, PM or a reply in the ad. I go by the first time stamp. And if there's an "I'll take it" from someone while another person is asking questions, the item goes to the "I'll take it" person.

Now, on the other hand, if someone says "I'll take it if..." and has a legitimate question, then I do give them first right of refusal.

I've been on this board for over 20 years and have dealt with many of the members. There's more honor and integrity on this board than on any other forum currently out there. As such, for long-standing members or someone I've dealt with before, I'll generally send out whatever I am selling immediately and not worry about the payment arriving.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9335 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me too.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
To me it's all just stuff anyway. I'd also say that until the money changes hands it is still pretty much the sellers property. Not here, but I once found an item on a different website and I posted that I'd take it but couldn't send a PM until that evening. Well a different person later sent a PM saying he'd take it and did the transaction then and bought the item. I was a little disappointed I didn't get the item but I sure wasn't angry at either person. PLus when you sell there are always a measurable amount of people who later change their mind. Anyway, if you get something you've always wanted or an incredible bargain that's cool but in the end it is all just stuff and not worth getting high blood pressure over.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your next step is to call the sheriff in his area and report a theft of a hand gun from that dealer. Or go and knock on his door. You did not deserve that; I ship stuff to guys all the time before receiving payment. They do not dare not pay me.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck over the years with guys on this forum as well.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post