THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Questions about Scotland Red Stag outfitters

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about Scotland Red Stag outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have any experience with following outfitters (re: Red stag hunt in Scotland)
INTERNATIONAL ADVENTURES UNLIMITED or
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL

Thanks,
JMV375

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMV375:
Anybody have any experience with following outfitters (re: Red stag hunt in Scotland)
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL

Thanks,
JMV375

Is that run by Michael Grosse? If so i have seen his advertisments in sci magazine.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMV375:
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL

Thanks,
JMV375

What type of red stag hunt are you looking for? Hill stag or lowland stag or fenced stag?

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hill Stag is of interest

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send a PM to Fallowbuck, also known as Kiri. I hunted with him a couple years ago and took some nice Stags in the lowlands of Scotland which are higher mountains than the highlands.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with these outfitters but would suggest booking directly with the highland estates - I can send you names if you like - they are all connected and do speak English and can organise accommodation and even airport collection.

To my mind there is no sense paying extra for a middleman when going hunting in the UK.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
Send a PM to Fallowbuck, also known as Kiri. I hunted with him a couple years ago and took some nice Stags in the lowlands of Scotland which are higher mountains than the highlands.

I hunted with Kiri when mdstewart did. I have also hunted the highlands. Pluses/minuses:

- On Kiri's property you can shoot any stag
- Kiri's costs are extremely reasonable (cheaper than most hunts anywhere)
- Highlands you see more stags (but there are no shortages on Kiri's)
- Highlands you have to shoot the animal the stalker selects (never the biggest one)
- Highland hunts are physically easier (but Kiri's are not bad unless your better half wants to climb every high mountain)

This is my experience; there may be highlands areas where you can shoot whatever you see.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Not heard of these outfitters but I would recommend contacting East Haugh House Hotel in Pitlochry, Perth.

It is a beautiful hotel and the food is outstanding. They can also book your hunting for you. I stayed there last year and hunted hinds booked through them.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 688 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote