New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Stalking Weekend Details
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet, FB, I sure am glad I saw it and had it corrected, there are some nice assistants at the firearms permit office, they sure were paitient with a poor confuses Swede,

btw and as for reference to you all, if you are blond with blue eyes like me, the drill "I am confused and would love some help" works wonders...

Best regards to you all Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
Chris,

I have tour Permit in front of me now Smiler. I'll get it into the post to you tomorrow if that is OK.

Rgds,
FB

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Husqvarna M98:
Sweet, FB, I sure am glad I saw it and had it corrected, there are some nice assistants at the firearms permit office, they sure were paitient with a poor confuses Swede,

btw and as for reference to you all, if you are blond with blue eyes like me, the drill "I am confused and would love some help" works wonders...

Best regards to you all Chris

quote:
Chris,

I have tour Permit in front of me now Smiler. I'll get it into the post to you tomorrow if that is OK.

Rgds,
FB

Chris,

It probably works better if you are blonde and blue eyed, with a body of Jessica Simpson...

And I've ssen your passport photo and I'm sure you don't look like that!!!! Wink

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FB-LOL nope looking nothing like Jessica S, but on the other hand I dont use my body to make a living from, I use what brains I have left.

/C

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FB,permit here,flights reserved,Baldock booked.should be GTG.thanks for all your trouble.BEST,kim

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Kim,

Thanks for letting me know. I think that is everyone apart from Solvi who has their permits now. I'll send Chris his tomorrow and Solvi's when the replacement is done next week.

It's getting close now!!

FB

one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
Just recived the firearm permit by post.
So I´m GTG
Sölvi

Skype username
solvijoh

Posts: 497 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Well, at least now I know why no one will be in Rambouillet on that weekend. Have fun out there.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Husqvvarna and Solvi,

Hi Guys, I have just put your replacement firearm permits in the post, as Priority mail. let me know when you get them and I'll be able to sleep at nigh... Wink

Rgds,
FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muy TFP is in now, thanks FB
Best regards Chris

quote:
Husqvvarna and Solvi,

Hi Guys, I have just put your replacement firearm permits in the post, as Priority mail. let me know when you get them and I'll be able to sleep at nigh... Wink

Rgds,
FB

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris,

Did you recieve it already? According to your post it got to you before I got back to my desk from the post office!!

Rgds,
K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FB- the postman knocked tvice this morning, caught me just as I was leaving for work.

The disrepacy regarding time/date is due to me just updating my previous entry, I figured that the update would show, apparently not.

Anyways I belive that I am GTG now.

Thanks for everything

/Chris

one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
Got my Firearm permit yesterday, now all I have to do is to find the right load for my rifle.
Got 6 new loads ready, but it’s a storm after an storm, and I just have to wait for a day with a good weather to try them.

Skype username
solvijoh

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Excellent Guys!! Looks like we are ready to go.

The only stuff left to organise is the on site stuff like organising the range and the kitchens, so other than that we are good to go.

A couple of people have mentioned Gluten and lactose intolerances, is there anyone else? I think as long as you aren't allergic to venison you'll be OK!!

Rgds,
FB

one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
FB.
My only trouble is that I have a very delicate stomach, and need to have steak for every meal. And the doctors advice is, to have a glass of red wine with it. Smiler

Skype username
solvijoh

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Cunning!!!! I'm on the case.

We will be roasting a couple of haunches of Sika courtesy of Artemis in the charcoal oven on the first night and then probably a large leg of Pork for the second night. There will be a venison curry and a rabbit dish also.

Paul will be making some home cured bacon and some sausages and I'm smoking some venison this week for you all to try. Hopefully if I shoot a couple more fallow in the next week or so I will smoke some more before the date.

Best regards,
FB

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Gents,

A quick reminder about Public Liability Insurance for Baldock. As I have mentioned the estate requires that all people shooting on the weekend are fully covered by one of the common insurance policies that come with membership to many of the shooting organisations. May I please remind you that you will need this if you are to be allowed to shoot on the weekend.

You can join either BASC or CA online. I can't speak for the CA as my membership there was done at a game fair but the BASC site was very easy when I recently joined them online.

Also to add, the clay shooitng on the saturday looks like it will be unlikely as Dig (who was supplying the muskets) will be in the Okavango Delta chasing critters with a friend. I tried to persuade him to stay behind and join us for a round of 50 sporting clays but apparently it is a no go.....Smiler

Rgds,
FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
K,thought it was going too well!what do i do for liability ins? im a NRA member but dont know if they have liability ins good outside the US.BEST,kim

one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post

Skype username
solvijoh

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NRA doesnt cover out of US.will apply for BASC.hopefully it will be activated in time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gents,

A quick reminder about Public Liability Insurance for Baldock. As I have mentioned the estate requires that all people shooting on the weekend are fully covered by one of the common insurance policies that come with membership to many of the shooting organisations. May I please remind you that you will need this if you are to be allowed to shoot on the weekend.

You can join either BASC or CA online. I can't speak for the CA as my membership there was done at a game fair but the BASC site was very easy when I recently joined them online.

Also to add, the clay shooitng on the saturday looks like it will be unlikely as Dig (who was supplying the muskets) will be in the Okavango Delta chasing critters with a friend. I tried to persuade him to stay behind and join us for a round of 50 sporting clays but apparently it is a no go.....Smiler

Rgds,
FB

what about the national game keeper organization (NGO) only £25 to join

Posts: 103 | Location: England | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK. in BASC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just out of intrest, what will everyone be using? I'll be bringing my Tikka 6.5x55 with a reflex T8, anyone bringing anything intresting with them? BOOM

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
OOh its like Christmas Eve again dancing

I will be bringing my Sako 75 S/S in .308 with a T8 mod.

I think Griff will be bringing his .264 Win Mag semi custom number.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308mate:
Just out of intrest, what will everyone be using? I'll be bringing my Tikka 6.5x55 with a reflex T8, anyone bringing anything intresting with them? BOOM

Nesika bay 7mm/300 wsm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger No1, 270 Winchester, topped with Zeiss Conquest 3-10x50. Ammo, handloaded 140gr Sierra Game King.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pre 64 Super Grade M70 06,Leupy3-9.168 gr Bergers in 62NM brass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KimR:
pre 64 Super Grade M70 06,Leupy3-9.168 gr Bergers in 62NM brass.

Dont tell anyone your using Berger as over here there not classed as section 5 expanding ammo and are illegal to use on deer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OOPS,will try to work up a load w SMKs if i have time.thanks for the heads-up.too bad the Bergers shoot in the.3s

one of us
posted Hide Post
What about us "European Unioners" who already have adequate Hunting Liability Insurance? My German Policy is already configured to cover me abroad plus I am a member of two German hunting/shooting organizations already offering similar benefits.

Bringing the Blaser R93 OffRoad in .243 Winchester w/Zeiss ZM 3-12x56 ("The Beast") w/both bolts; a Left & Right. Topped-of with 85 grain Nosler Partitions but sadly cannot bring any of the other 4 barrels for it.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Gerry,

That is fine if you are covered already.

Foxshooter,

So you're coming down then? It'll be good to catch up, just remind me to put my ear defenders on when you let off that cannon of yours!! (I know, 2southern nancies blah blah blah...") Wink

I spoke to Colin yesterday and it looks like we are very close to getting finished now. All I have to do is decide on te Mod which is doing my head in!! I think I'm going to end up with a 32mm PES Scout as things stand. I was looking at the stealth but then I realised how big it was.

Anyuway, looking forward to catching up.

See ya,
FB

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
I'll be bringing what I've got - Sauer 202 in 270win. Mild handload of 140gr interlocks.

Need to sort my insurance cover as it has expired.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gerry,

That is fine if you are covered already.

Foxshooter,

So you're coming down then? It'll be good to catch up, just remind me to put my ear defenders on when you let off that cannon of yours!! (I know, 2southern nancies blah blah blah...") Wink

I spoke to Colin yesterday and it looks like we are very close to getting finished now. All I have to do is decide on te Mod which is doing my head in!! I think I'm going to end up with a 32mm PES Scout as things stand. I was looking at the stealth but then I realised how big it was.

Anyuway, looking forward to catching up.

See ya,
FB

yes I have been asked to help look after you repubates lefty if anyone needs to use my littel cannon BOOM I now have a Stealth moderator fitted so I can swap between the brake and the mod with no need to re zero 2020
as to the mod or your toy I wouldnt have the PES to heavy,look at ther Stealth compact or the A tec

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will be bringing a Sako Varmint 308 Win, 6-24*56 Zeiss Diavaria in a McM varmint stock,

shooting a handload of 150 grains SGK.

Best regards Chris

one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
My trusted Sako 75 dl in 300WM - Zeiss 6x20,
Will be using 165gr bullet in front of IMR or VV165. got 6 diffrent loads ready.
Just waiting for the rigth weather to try them

Skype username
solvijoh

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I"ll be bringing my girlie .243(what else!) with 100gr Interlocks.
Here, we"re not going to have to get up early in the morning are we?
looking forward to it,
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
OOPS,will try to work up a load w SMKs if i have time.thanks for the heads-up.too bad the Bergers shoot in the.3s

Kim, I take it that SMKs are Serra Match King, If so these are not classed in the UK as "expanding" you will need round that is "designed to expand in a perdictable manner" so Serra Gamekings are a safe bet thumb

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brass thief:
I"ll be bringing my girlie .243(what else!) with 100gr Interlocks.
Here, we"re not going to have to get up early in the morning are we?
looking forward to it,
good shooting

yes you will be up early as theres a lot of people to put out and the ground is quite large and does take time to frive to certain areas

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Why do I think I am likely to give the Sunday morning stalk a miss??

beer

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range........ Smiler

No? Aww... Hell, maybe just the .375HH then!

Rgds Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry meant SGKs if i have time to w/u a load