Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Poland
 Login/Join

posted
I just got an offer from Diana to go hunt wildboars in Maniszevo in April. What you think about this kind of hunt. Has someone hunt in Poland during the spring?

I really want to go to Poland but I am not sure, should I go now in spring or should I just wait until next autumn?

Posts: 18 | Location: Turku, Finland | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Tumppi

The only one I know that has been to Poland with a hunting agent lately is cchunter on this forum. Contact him and ask.

I hope you get a great time. Bring some boars back with you to Finland. I wish we had some more speices here in Sweden [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Tumppi

You can read about my hunt here http://at-home.nu

[ 02-17-2003, 23:57: Message edited by: cchunter ]

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice website Christer [Smile]

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Really nice website Christer! There was lots of good information about hunting in Poland! I like the Afrika story and video too! What is that rifle you had in Afrika?

Posts: 18 | Location: Turku, Finland | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your comments guys

The gun I used in Africa is a Remington 700LSS 300 Win Mag with a Zeiss 2,5-10x50 on top. I use Norma Oryx bullets 200 grains.

The gun and I leave again at april 29 for another hunt in Africa.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You lucky bastard [Mad] !
I won't be able to make it this year, but will take a heavy revenge in 2004 (I hope!).
In the meantime, kill a couple warthogs for me, wil you? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Have a good trip!

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
KBab

Sure I will kill them for you. I hope you get there next year and if you would be intersested we have an extra place for our hunt at a good price, leaving Amsterdam in the morning April 29, give me a mail if you would like some more info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Christer,

I've just sent you a mail.

one of us
posted Hide Post
April is a good month to hunt in Poland as the vegetation is still very small and the wildboars feed quite intensively after winter months. Be prepared to hunt during the night with the help of moonlight - this increases the succes rate tremendously. In April you must be careful not to shoot the females as they often leave the piglets in the forest and feed alone in the open.
In autumn is also a good time to hunt as the fields are after harvest and clear once more.
You can hunt roe deer till end of Sept and red deer at that time.

Posts: 45 | Location: Poland | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pawel!

I love to hunt in moonlight. Here in Finland I shoot every year whitetaildeers in moonligt.