The Accurate Reloading Forums
Hunting in Poland

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5421043/m/790107401

18 February 2003, 06:00
Tumppi
Hunting in Poland
I just got an offer from Diana to go hunt wildboars in Maniszevo in April. What you think about this kind of hunt. Has someone hunt in Poland during the spring?

I really want to go to Poland but I am not sure, should I go now in spring or should I just wait until next autumn?
18 February 2003, 08:12
<JOHAN>
Tumppi

The only one I know that has been to Poland with a hunting agent lately is cchunter on this forum. Contact him and ask.

I hope you get a great time. Bring some boars back with you to Finland. I wish we had some more speices here in Sweden [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN
18 February 2003, 08:56
cchunter
Tumppi

You can read about my hunt here http://at-home.nu

[ 02-17-2003, 23:57: Message edited by: cchunter ]
18 February 2003, 20:52
King Baboon
Nice website Christer [Smile]
19 February 2003, 09:48
Tumppi
Really nice website Christer! There was lots of good information about hunting in Poland! I like the Afrika story and video too! What is that rifle you had in Afrika?
18 February 2003, 22:56
cchunter
Thanks for your comments guys

The gun I used in Africa is a Remington 700LSS 300 Win Mag with a Zeiss 2,5-10x50 on top. I use Norma Oryx bullets 200 grains.

The gun and I leave again at april 29 for another hunt in Africa.
19 February 2003, 00:20
King Baboon
You lucky bastard [Mad] !
I won't be able to make it this year, but will take a heavy revenge in 2004 (I hope!).
In the meantime, kill a couple warthogs for me, wil you? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Have a good trip!
19 February 2003, 01:11
cchunter
KBab

Sure I will kill them for you. I hope you get there next year and if you would be intersested we have an extra place for our hunt at a good price, leaving Amsterdam in the morning April 29, give me a mail if you would like some more info.
19 February 2003, 01:24
King Baboon
Christer,

I've just sent you a mail.
23 February 2003, 05:12
Pawel
April is a good month to hunt in Poland as the vegetation is still very small and the wildboars feed quite intensively after winter months. Be prepared to hunt during the night with the help of moonlight - this increases the succes rate tremendously. In April you must be careful not to shoot the females as they often leave the piglets in the forest and feed alone in the open.
In autumn is also a good time to hunt as the fields are after harvest and clear once more.
You can hunt roe deer till end of Sept and red deer at that time.
23 February 2003, 11:51
Tumppi
Thanks Pawel!

I love to hunt in moonlight. Here in Finland I shoot every year whitetaildeers in moonligt.