THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Electronic Game caller, which one???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electronic Game caller, which one???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok here's the deal fellows; I’m too lazy these days to huff and puff on a mouth call. We have decided we have way to many Coyotes around and would like to thin the pack some. The Crows and other Varmints could also stand a little thinning out also.

I have decided to get a new Wireless Electronic caller. Because it will double as a Crow Call also I need the new caller to have enough volume to call crows. There are so many to choose from these days I got damn confused when reviewing them. Some times what you search for and purchase ain’t always what you get or expect to get in reality, if you know what I mean!!!

I'm rather flexible in the price, anywhere from cheap(I like cheap if it works good thumb ) to $500 dollars or so if necessary.

Also we are looking at one of those animated moving furry critters as an attractant like a “Jack in the box†or something on that order. Seen some that’s cheap that move all the time and some that will move on command right from the control that operates the wireless game caller. My first question, is this waste of time and money, and what critter should I look at ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions because I'm lost on this one!!!! Confused

Posts: 11761 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the FoxPro with the 32 programmed sounds. I very happy with mine.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MAU MAU
posted Hide Post
I purchased the Foxpro FX3 from http://www.allpredatorcalls.com The general manager, AP Jones spent a lot of quality time with me and helped me pick the sounds for my area. I am new at predator calling, and he was very helpful. The quality of the unit is very good, the sounds excellent, and very easy to use.

Posts: 227 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
I also have a Foxpro 532 with remote and am very happy with it. One thing for sure, they are an absolutely first class company to deal with.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There must be an echo in here but I am gonna go Fox Pro as well.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I have owned the Johnny Stewart cassette caller and the Loudmouth, Wildlife Tech., and FOXPRO wireless remote callers. I have also seen and heard the Predation and the new Burnham Bros. units. I have settled in on a FOXPRO FP-532R. Either the 32 sound FP-532R or the new FX-3 FOXPRO will serve you well. FP also makes the Jack in the Box decoy and the reomote on either of these units will run it.

Good Hunting,

Bob

This is one of the coyotes I called last week with the FOXPRO and the Jack in the Box:

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a rank rookie when it comes to predator calling..but after visiting with Bob in Texas and some others I settled on a Foxpro 416...mainly because Im cheap.. But..Them Foxpros really do work..here is what came to my call using the woodpecker distress last Monday morning.... Big Grin

Zeeriverrat

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Foxpro's FX3 is what I ordered on Monday after about 6 mounths of research on all of the e-calls available.It also took that long to save my penny's.Don't buy a LOUDMOUTH their out of business. Foxpro customer service from what I've read on alot of sites is second to none! I ordered mine from allpredatorcalls.com .Very helpfull people working there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since you can load your own sounds in them I agree with most of the fellows above. It's a FOXPRO world.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows, I had my eye on the FoxPro already, but I wanted to get an opinion from people in the know. I am a rank amateur when it comes to these Wireless Electronic callers and I appreciate all the info on the callers. I think it’s looking like the Foxpro FX3 is in the ballgame. It’s only about 100 bucks more to go with the Foxpro FX3 and that way I want be looking back on what I may have missed.

Now what y’all think about the furry critter attractants, are they worth the bucks, what critter to get, and what about your experience with them, good or bad???

Posts: 11761 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
One more for the FoxPro digital caller. You can specify what 32 sounds you would like!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a FoxPro as well. Don't be afraid to try sounds not native to your area. I called a coyote in the other day using the groundhog distress - ain't a groundhog in the AZ desert within 1000 miles. No starlings or woodpeckers either, but those distress calls work well. Shot another coyote Sunday night with the woodpecker distress.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just took delivery of an FX3 about 10 days. Haven't had a chance to get out and try to blood it yet, but I plan to remedy that tomorrow. I upgraded from a 532B that worked well. I doubt an FX3 will call more critters than the older versions, but it's more user friendly when it comes to changing sounds.

I bought the FX3 off Ebay so I didn't get to choose which sounds were on it. I bought a 16 sound pack off Foxpro's web-site the same day the caller arrived. They were e-mailed the following day and were a piece of cake to upload. I did have problems with their print ulity/label program, but they (Foxpro) released a new version that took care of whatever problem I was having.

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of keithv35
posted Hide Post
I have a 532b and a jack in the box. The jack in the box is great for keeping their attention. I had a coyote appear and stalk to within 40 yards of it...never saw me raise my gun....he was too focused on his stalk and never took his eyes off the jack in the box. I'd say you don't have to have one, but it sure is fun.

Keith

Posts: 350 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote