Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted
MY son emulating the great man.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting; is this in Australia? I've seen posts from Down Under concerning hunting feral horses- I make no judgement, in Hawaii feral cows are hunted.

My question- what do you do with a camel after it's shot? Is it handled like a big varmint? Smiler

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great hunter........something the size of a school bus and you managed to shoot it. r in w.

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Thats a bit harsh Ray. Camels are a major pest in parts of the Australian outback , but hunting them isnt quite as easy as you might imagine.

the terrain is pretty open , and camels have height and good eyesight , there is little cover to sneak up through , and when you get in range the camel is a pretty large target that requires shot placement to drop on the spot.

And likely all in temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius.

Like hunting a school bus down at the local bus depot ? Dont think so , my man ......

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
Interesting; is this in Australia? I've seen posts from Down Under concerning hunting feral horses-

Horse? Is that a horse? Do they have back straps?"

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never tried camel, but I hear it's tasty.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Thats a bit harsh Ray. Camels are a major pest in parts of the Australian outback , but hunting them isnt quite as easy as you might imagine.

the terrain is pretty open , and camels have height and good eyesight , there is little cover to sneak up through , and when you get in range the camel is a pretty large target that requires shot placement to drop on the spot.

And likely all in temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius.

Like hunting a school bus down at the local bus depot ? Dont think so , my man ......

Hunting any large animal in open terrain is relatively easy if you are conditioned to the environment- just like shooting livestock.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its enough to give you the hump. holycow rotflmo

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote