This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5221043/m/9831067971

13 September 2012, 20:32
Code4
Doing a Walter .....
MY son emulating the great man.

14 September 2012, 08:04
tin can
Interesting; is this in Australia? I've seen posts from Down Under concerning hunting feral horses- I make no judgement, in Hawaii feral cows are hunted.

My question- what do you do with a camel after it's shot? Is it handled like a big varmint? Smiler
15 September 2012, 04:22
ray in Wenatchee
What a great hunter........something the size of a school bus and you managed to shoot it. r in w.
15 September 2012, 08:02
muzza
Thats a bit harsh Ray. Camels are a major pest in parts of the Australian outback , but hunting them isnt quite as easy as you might imagine.

the terrain is pretty open , and camels have height and good eyesight , there is little cover to sneak up through , and when you get in range the camel is a pretty large target that requires shot placement to drop on the spot.

And likely all in temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius.

Like hunting a school bus down at the local bus depot ? Dont think so , my man ......

Old enough to know better
15 September 2012, 09:48
Jon Beutler
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
Interesting; is this in Australia? I've seen posts from Down Under concerning hunting feral horses-

Horse? Is that a horse? Do they have back straps?"
28 September 2012, 07:40
lavaca
Never tried camel, but I hear it's tasty.
28 September 2012, 11:12
SR4759
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Thats a bit harsh Ray. Camels are a major pest in parts of the Australian outback , but hunting them isnt quite as easy as you might imagine.

the terrain is pretty open , and camels have height and good eyesight , there is little cover to sneak up through , and when you get in range the camel is a pretty large target that requires shot placement to drop on the spot.

And likely all in temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius.

Like hunting a school bus down at the local bus depot ? Dont think so , my man ......

Hunting any large animal in open terrain is relatively easy if you are conditioned to the environment- just like shooting livestock.
28 September 2012, 11:26
John Chalmers
Its enough to give you the hump. holycow rotflmo