New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woo Hoo!! Good Tequila!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Cazadores Tequila is now available locally!!!!!!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
its my fav too... but not hte barrel select version just the regular.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm trying out a new Tequila. Quite good!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Best Buys: El Jimador & 30-30, both puro blue agave reposado, about $11/L at the border.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
EL Jimador s a nice drinking and mixing tequila!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38490 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Jeff, my wife and I did double blind taste tests sipping El Jimador and several expensive tequilas and Jimador won hands down (hands on the floor!). 30-30 was a close 2nd.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Jeff, my wife and I did double blind taste tests sipping El Jimador and several other expensive tequilas and Jimador won hands down (hands on the floor!). 30-30 was a close 2nd.

I agree. A friend brought back Tres Generacions Anejo and Don Julio Anejo.
After trying them, I brought over a bottle of Cien Anos Puro de Agave. He said that's very smooth, must be expensive! He almost s**t when I told him it was 5 times cheaper!!!

My wifes family has done very well and drink more expensive Tequilas. At my daughters baptisim party I bought Oro de Oaxaca Mezcal & Don Ramon Reposado, both very smooth and only $10 Cdn per bottle! I fooled them. They couldn't tell the differance between more them and the more expensive stuff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By the way, I filled a 300 ml glass with Oro de Oaxaca and drank it straight up. Very smooth! An uncle of my wife is 66 and never tried Mezcal! He loved Oro de Oaxaca! 66 years of living in Mexico and never trying Mezcal!
It took a Canadian to open his eyes!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Good tequila" strikes me as an oxymoron. When the night gets to the point where shots of tequila sound like a good idea, I know it's time to go to bed.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdirks:
"Good tequila" strikes me as an oxymoron. When the night gets to the point where shots of tequila sound like a good idea, I know it's time to go to bed.

That's a BIG 10-4. thumb

Drinking tequila has its consequences!!!

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
Still a big fan of Herradura Blanco Suave. There's a bottle of it in the freezer at all times at my house.

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

that means you've never had godo tequilla.. its a brandy, bubba

awesome picture!

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

that means you've never had godo tequilla.. its a brandy, bubba

Yep! I concur with el jeffe. I've had quite a few guys change their tune after a bit of the good stuff.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Next "bubba" hunt, anyone up to a "Pepsi challenge" ?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
yep... i am

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drink it straight and cold thats how I like my Tequila.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I like Teguila! I have found that Tequila makes me forget! Unfortunately, I haven't been far enough away from what I forgot the next morning! Eeker

Tequila can lead to having blind puppies!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have any of you heard of a Tequila called, and I think this is the right name, Dos Queros? I had it many years ago and it was great. Haven't been able to find it since.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shaken with ice, strained, and served straight up (no sissy sides)

Mighty good stuff out there. Got me away from the three stages-- I'm good looking, then I became bullet proof, and finally I became invisible.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
For good tequila I was pretty much set on Patron then the manager of the local Mexican restaurant introduced us to Hacienda Vieja. Very smooth and priced right, I still like Patron but for just sitting around and sipping the Vieja stuff is just right. Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just don't ever mix it w. champagne... I ran out of bourbon for my churchhills once, so I substituted tequila...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The worst thing, to do, to good tequila is mix it!