Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Beer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted
We have a red haired girl thread and steak. What goes best with both is Beer. What is your favorite beer you can get at your local pub or store.

I personally like all the Sam Adams except Cherry Wheat. My favorite is Irish Red. I am drooling right now thinking about it.

Posts: 751 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
La Chouffe.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are several available at my local grocery store; all are made by the Humboldt Nation of American Indians. The make an IPA, an amber, a raspberry ale (maybe it's a lager), something called Great White and another called Downtown Brown. I also like Black Butte Porter and Fat Tire Amber Ale. Red Hook makes good brews, too. I have tried a Sam Adams, but it always seems to leave me wanting more-- so I have another. They are supposed to have 18 or 19 types of beer, but I have never seen more than just a few. Beermann's Beerwerks of Lincoln, CA puts together some fine melanges of hops, water, yeast and malt, too. They have one called Rip Roarin' Red that's to die for...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete's Wicked Ale Strawberry blonde,
Mooses Tooth rasberry wheat

remember the 2% rule you must be 2% smarter then what you are trying to do

Posts: 85 | Location: Kotzebue, Alaska | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
Young's Double Chocolate Stout

and there's always the wonderful Guinness

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
bah,, diet beers
mephistopiles stout ...OG 1.135, 16.5%ABV .. it is a near clone of my russian imperial stout ...

otravesa - my saison/cervesa cross

just drinking imperial? why rasputin, of course

save the guiness for a hot day when you need mostly water
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38490 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Hoegaarden

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was asking about beer Jeffe - not paint thinner. How about beer with Provenance eh?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Paint thinner? I thought we were talking beers, not my mead....

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38490 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Slug:
Hoegaarden

MMmmmmmmm! Hoegaarden Withier!! That ain't no sippin' beer! beer

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris_Kenney
posted Hide Post
Shiner Bock

Posts: 120 | Location: Frisco, TX | Registered: 13 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i love a nice porter but my beer of choice that i can afford to buy is labbat blue

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Miller Highlife -- the Champaigne of bottled beerrs! dancing

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how good it is, but I like their sentiments......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pete's Wicked Ale Strawberry blonde,

thumb

I'll also add Yuengling Traditional Lager and Yazoo Pale Ale (a Nashville, TN micro) to my list

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:

Just make sure you don't confuse that Bear with this Bear:

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
Just had a few of these...

Dead Guy is a German-style Maibock made with Rogues proprietary "PacMan" ale yeast. It is deep honey in color with a malty aroma, rich hearty flavor and a well balanced finish. Dead Guy is created from Northwest Harrington, Klages, Maier Munich and Carastan malts, along with Perle and Saaz Hops.

From the Rogue site...

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Depends on what week it is but here are some that are at the top of my list:

A nice Radler on a hot day from the Hofbräuhaus in München.

The Shiner Bock or when the weather is hot, the blonde. Their Black is good too.

Just a few anyway. Many Superb Czech beers too.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
There is only one beer - Guinness!!! beer
A close second is the wonderful dark beer of Argentina.....whose nbame I forget.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So many great beers but only a few are exceptional.....

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
German "SCHOFFERHOFER"

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
This week I'm drinking Bell's, Nile Special and Tusker.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Molson Canadian Lager, my brand for 20+ years

Posts: 46 | Location: N.E. Sask. Canada | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Over the counter? Plain old Carlton Draught.

The best? So far, the B.I.L;s homebrew.
No kidding. Cool

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had some of this last night!! WOW!!

Conquistador Dopplebock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ommegang Abbey Ale. Yum!!

http://www.ommegang.com/index.php

And also Staropramen from the Czech Republic.

Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guiness, Big Rock Traditional Ale.

Anything that someone else pays for!!!

the chef

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Whew I need to get out more. You guys drink some stuff I have not heard of. I bet it is good though. Not to make fun and everyone has their own taste but I do not know how anyone can drink the syrup called Guiness.

Posts: 751 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Earl you have to work your way up to it. Once you've developed the taste Guiness is like an angel pissing in your throat pissers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guiness = Diet Beer

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Favorite domestic beer is Yuengling Lager - started just outside of Philadelphia, but can now be found lots of places.

Favorite beer overall is Goesser, an Austrian brew from Steirmark.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
Earl you have to work your way up to it. Once you've developed the taste Guiness is like an angel pissing in your throat pissers

Big Grin

LOL!!! Thanks for the advice!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with the guys who liked Hoegaarden, happen to have a bottle (empty) sitting on my desk right now. How'd that get there!?! Big Grin Just bought a case of Corona and a few limes for this week (weather's getting warmer), think that could be my summer time beer. Miller Lite or (and you guys listing the foreign beers may gag) Pabst Blue Ribbon. I like most of them, Yuengling isn't bad (I go to Penn State, we go through more of that than water here), but other than that, I don't like many dark beers. Killian's Red is pretty good, but I don't think I could drink it all the time. Yup, like I said, I like most of them! thumb

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
Bitburger Pils.

Bitte ein Bit.

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Corona is the very worst beer you can drink. There is a reason good beer is put in dark brown bottles. It is because florescent light (like that found in grocery stores) causes the molecules of the hop compounds (infused into the beer by boiling) to disintegrate, producing a skunky flavor when they do. Light can trash a beer in just a day or so.

There is a reason limes are used with Corona beer. See my third sentence above and know the truth...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammo_Dog
posted Hide Post
Peroni, or Stella Artois...That is about as "high class" as I get. On any other day it is a good ole Miller Light!

If at first you don't succeed...RELOAD!

Posts: 44 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Not a big beer drinker however an Alaskan Amber sounds pretty good about right now. Actually I am drinking one. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite is 3 Horse Lager Beer made in Holland since the 1600's sold in 6 paks at Trader Joes a 6 pak = 3 quarts.I've had beer in England,Spain,North Africa,Newfoundland,Azores,Bermuda,etc.Lots of Ales when I lived & worked in NYS