Find
Notify
Tools

beermachine
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted
Has anybody any experience with this device ?

www.beermachine.com

Posts: 79 | Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you didn't get one for Christmas. If you use it, you'll get overly-carbonated, cidery-tasting beer. When the whole process is done in one vessel, you can't get good results.

Good beer (quicky stuff, like I used to brew) is made in a boiling pot (boil malt syrup or dry malt extract 1 hour while adding hops at appropriate times), siphoned into a 6-gallon fermenting tub for about 5 days, siphon into a 6-gallon carboy for about 10 days, siphon into a 5-gallon carboy for about 20 days, bottle, then set aside in a dark closet for a month. if you kept everything clean and sanitary, you'll come out with a pretty good beer. if you want great beer, you'll have to do your own mashing, et cetera. You can make beer with a single-vessel thing like what you show, but you probably won't make a second batch 'cause you won't want to drink it. Still, it will probably be better than Bud or Miller Lite. What isn't?

I just saw you are from Austria. I think you're pulling our collective leg...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted Hide Post
Of course you are right, I got one for christmas and it is fermenting now. And no I am not pulling anybodys leg. Although I am from Austria I drink very little beer, say an average of 20 bottles a year mostly in summer after rowing an under those circumstances what counts is thirst and a cool liquid. For daily use with meals I prefer the excellent local wine

Posts: 79 | Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
they are kinda fun, and may branch you into home brewing.. but, with the excellent westmalle duble you have handy, its hard to brew better .. the westmalle in the US is BITTER as it is pasturized

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38490 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote