Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Nugent 1967
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted Thorn;
Is helping the hunting sports make it ok to do ANYTHING?
Where I'd the line?
Yes he has done a lot.......
Where is the balance point?
No traffic tickets for speeding if you help the sport?
How much do you have to do to get away with what..........
I never remember seeing that chart..........

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
With the passion Mr. Nugent has for anything he does, I am glad he is on the pro-gun side rather than the anti.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted Thorn;
With the passion he.................
Lies to the draft board?????????

Posts: 435 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
So....for the one time (1967) he made so many here mad, he is now condemned for life?

A new talking point to this topic.

You now have the floor again......

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted thorn;
Let me back up.
I have no problem with what he did for sports.
The line that is stepped over is that it is all right for him to have been a draft dodger BECAUSE of what he has done for huinting.
If he had done NOTHING for hunting, would his being a DD be as okay to you?

If he was for gun bans and President of PETA, would you feel thje same way?
No, I will never be able to do what he has done for hunting in the last 20 years DOLLAR wise.
Time, percentage of income, a lot of people walk all over him.
A reality show on TV...........he MADE money on that.
You can say what you are saying today because a LOT of people didn't lie to the draft board.
If being a Vet makes me biased.......well I guess I am.......

Friends that didn't come home made me more biased............
Not what he did, but that it is okay because of what he does now.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 257x50:
Ted Thorn;
Is helping the hunting sports make it ok to do ANYTHING?
Where I'd the line?
Yes he has done a lot.......
Where is the balance point?
No traffic tickets for speeding if you help the sport?
How much do you have to do to get away with what..........
I never remember seeing that chart..........

There is a guy on 24HourCampfire who claims you stiffed him on a deal; should we hound you endlessly for that?

Should we get our torches and pitchforks out?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
257x50,

You could wear your typing fingers to a nub before TedThorn ceases to stick up for his namesake, the Nuge. Birds of a feather...

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
<br /><small><a href="http://www.politicalchips.org/video/video" >Find more videos like this on <em>Political Chips - Let YOUR Voice Be Heard</em></a></small><br />

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
257x50,

You could wear your typing fingers to a nub before TedThorn ceases to stick up for his namesake, the Nuge. Birds of a feather...

Actuly no...I don't care for him much. He is was to fanatical and over the top to suit me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

"saying it don't make it so..."

A pissing contest between buyer and seller somewhere is a matter of reference, and we do not have the whole story. Do you know the entire story, and where the truth lies? Me neither.

The sad part about teddy boy is: we do have the whole story. There is no animus, no "he said, she said", about this draft dodger. He lied, he cheated his country, and now he wants to be a spokesman. If I had the opportunity to ask him in public, I would. I'd love to see his face when the question got asked on camera.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The first words out of uncle teddy's mouth in that vid are:

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined..."

Moral compass, Nuge? Where was your moral compass in '67? Frickin' two-face hypocrite.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For all those who condemn Nugent for not serving in Vietnam, please explain how invading a foreign land is/was a good thing. Nugent has been called a coward, a hypocrite, and un-American. The burden is on you to prove that taking part in an imperialistic war is brave, moral, and American.

Posts: 132 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Rich,

I did say the other person "claims" 257x50 stiffed him. I did not take sides.

Besides, when has not knowing the whole story EVER stopped you from injecting yourself into a dispute? lol

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Soooo.... Rich thinks that lying is bad......wow

I'm ready for 257x50 to respond to the 24 thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Soooo.... Rich thinks that lying is bad......wow

I'm ready for 257x50 to respond to the 24 thread.

I think Gomer Pyle would say, "Shazaaam!!!" or "Gollllleeee" with that revelation. And Gomer was a marine.

Posts: 10175 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich believes that turning your back on your country in time of need is B-A-D!!!

How about you Ted, which branch of the military and when/where did you serve your country?

We went after communism with military force. Anybody seen the USSR mentioned lately? In a generation, we broke communism.

We have left dictatorships in place since then. Then came the Gulf War. Fixed that.

Then came 9/11.

Then there's Egypt. The liberal nation here is outraged that we did not intervene in their affairs.

At some point in your life, you owe your country. Except the Nuge.

On your belief system, we should have allowed the Confederacy to secede from the Union.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
No...I just don't like people who lie….(make statements with nothing to back them up)

If Mr. Rock and roll lied then he is on my "ignore" list also.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope that when I'm in my 50's I won't still be defining myself by what I did when I was 18.

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why joining the military to invade a foreign land is patriotic.

Posts: 132 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barutmt:
I hope that when I'm in my 50's I won't still be defining myself by what I did when I was 18.

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why joining the military to invade a foreign land is patriotic.

WOW Barutmt, this topic seems to have touched a nerve in you. You have not posted to AR in 3 years prior to this thread. All of a sudden, a big 7 post flurry. Kinda makes me wonder what you did at 18 that you're ashamed of.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Rich believes that turning your back on your country in time of need is B-A-D!!!

There is a real question of need when it comes to the Vietnam war.

quote:
We went after communism with military force. Anybody seen the USSR mentioned lately? In a generation , we broke communism.

It was a lot longer than "a generation", and Vietnam was a complete failure in the fight against communism.

quote:
We have left dictatorships in place since then . Then came the Gulf War. Fixed that

We have supported many dictatorships when we felt that they served our needs. In fact we have suppressed democracy when it served our needs.

Do you find it a bit odd that we have tirelessly fought communism, but only fight for democracy when it served our needs?

quote:
On your belief system, we should have allowed the Confederacy to secede from the Union.

I think it is fair to say that the founding fathers would have sided with the Confederacy in their wish to secede.

There are many reasons that this is the greatest country in the world, but our crooked government is not one of them. There is nothing patriotic about mindlessly accepting everything the political machine spews forth.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

WOW Barutmt, this topic seems to have touched a nerve in you. You have not posted to AR in 3 years prior to this thread. All of a sudden, a big 7 post flurry. Kinda makes me wonder what you did at 18 that you're ashamed of.

Her name was Regina and she had a big.....

(I'll get me coat....)

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
[quote]There are many reasons that this is the greatest country in the world, but our crooked government is not one of them. There is nothing patriotic about mindlessly accepting everything the political machine spews forth.quote]

beer beer beer tu2 tu2 tu2 patriot patriot

Amen to that thought.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
quote:
quote:

Her name was Regina and she had a big.....

(I'll get me coat....)

LOL! yuck

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, he's a coward for not serving.

Yep, he did produce some good music.

Yep, he is a big proponent for hunting and the 2nd amendment.

Nope, he's not worth the time that I wasted reading this entire post.

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote