THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Bad Ass Folder for "Regular Guy" ??? Need Advice!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Ass Folder for "Regular Guy" ??? Need Advice!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
The best pocket knife I have ever used is a Puma.
The cheapest priced one has black handles. The one I have has cleaned and butchered hundreds of game animals. They hold a good edge, yet are easy to sharpen. They come in different blade sizes, mine is the largest. It has cleaned game from squirrel to moose. It has even cut a little elephant meat too. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I carry 3 puma for hunting A white hunter, that has terminated a few boar, a silver lion that I use to field dress game and a duke folder.

I was going to sugest a Kershaw folder with the asst. opening. I used to carry one and I liked it.

But, now I'm geting lazy, I carry one of those $9.95 craftsman folding razors knifes. It's sharp as a razor... roflmao....and I just toss the old blades when they get dull.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guys over on bladeforums.com are bonkers right now over a knife called a "mini ritter grip" It's based on a benchmade knife. Read it here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299359

Looks like one heck of a knife for $100

Let us know what you get!

The two most abundant elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jindydiver:
Djpaintles
I also think that S30V is great knife steel but whether or not you believe it to be tougher than ATS34 is beside the point when you take the Strider guarantee into account. The heat treatment of any good knife steel is very important also and with the Paul Boz treatment of the ATS34 in the strider knives I think you will find their knives out perform any other companies offerings in S30V (unless they also have been using Mr Boz). If you are looking for a knife that you know will not let you down when you most need it then Strider is the way to go. Someone who is willing to guarantee their knives as Strider do must sell a product that lives up to expectations or they would be quickly out of business. If on the other hand you want a knife more for the looks then there are literally hundreds of offerings by hundreds of companies.

I prefer to use D2 and RWL34 in my knives and the heat treater I use does a great job with these steels.

If you are looking for the functionality of the Strider knives but don’t want to pay the price you could buy the Buck-Strider collaboration knife, but of course you wont then have the Strider guarantee.

Hyundai offers a better warrantee than Lexus also. Doesn't mean it's a better car. It's a selling point, nothing more. They know that people aren't going to take their expensive knife and intentionally break it, hence the warrantee. I've got two knives with s30v, nothing comes close.......at least nothing comes close that I'm able to sharpen. There are steels which hold an edge better, but I can't sharpen them.

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote