THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    DFW Area Big Bore DR shoot

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DFW Area Big Bore DR shoot Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going out on a limb here...would there be any interest in an informal big bore/double rifle shoot in late April about a hour and a quarter south of Dallas (or 2.5 hour north of Houston) at my place? Could easily host 10-15 AR members for an informal, but very safe shoot. Use your sticks, my sticks, no sticks...paper targets, some reactive targets, etc. Just a fun 3-4 hours of shooting, no details yet, just gauging interest.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good time

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Karl,
I likely can make it, but as a talker not a shooter this year. I cannot make the last weekend in APril

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38487 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Hey Karl. What town is your place near. Emhouse? I might be able to do it. Haven't shot any of my doubles in 10 years but that would be a good excuse to load up some ammo and get them going again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, yes about 2.5 miles north of Emhouse. If there is enough interest I’ll get it set up.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it would be fun and a nice warm up for the DSC big bore shoot.

Posts: 159 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With enough notice I could find an excuse to go to one of these

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
I’d love to come. I’m booked through April though.

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Watching this thread.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From responses I’ve gotten, on AR and otherwise, it appears that May 20 would work for more people. Let me know what you think and if enough interest we’ll do it that date.
Again, easily handle 10-15 shooters.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I can do May 20th.

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
I can very likely donMay 20th. Count me in.

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, will count Wildcatter and Todd in. Should be fun.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
20th sounds good.

Posts: 159 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please add me to May 20. Considering putting my A. Hollis 450-400 up for sale in case anybody would like to look over, try out. Been a long time since AR shoot, will miss Rusty who I know would have come. Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To those who have responded and to anyone else that might be interested, we are set for May 20, 2023. About 45-50 min south of downtown Dallas, midway between I-35 and I-45. Please PM (or text) an email address and I will send the group an email with details as they are now. Also, include any ideas that might be fun. As of today it looks like 8 shooters have said they will be here. When I get email addresses I will send an email outlining what I've thought of so far.My bench will be available, sticks and a standing rest...or bring your own. My cell phone number is 972-938-6800 if you would prefer to text an email address. Thanks and hope to hear for some of you soon!

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you are aware, but the Dallas Safari Club big bore shoot is also on May 20th.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am aware. I had scheduled the small shoot at my place for April 29, then DSC set that date for their shoot, so I changed dates to avoid any conflict. Then they moved their date to Nay 20. Upcoming hunts won’t allow another reschedule on my part.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To those who have responded with email addresses, a reply has been sent to those emails.
Still have room for a couple more...

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I would love to come Karl…but coaching baseball keeps me from it this time of the year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36618 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I would love to come Karl…but coaching baseball keeps me from it this time of the year.

Love to have you come, too. Always welcome here. Wink

Karl Evans

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I hope you all have a great time!

Shame I am not close.

Could bring several rifles up to the 700!

I have made 1,500 grain bullets for it, but never shot any!

Waiting on some unsuspecting sole to try it! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I hope you all have a great time!

Shame I am not close.

Could bring several rifles up to the 700!

I have made 1,500 grain bullets for it, but never shot any!

Waiting on some unsuspecting sole to try it! clap

Wish you were close, too, would be fun.
But…you could always ship that big rifle over (with ammo) and we could try it out for you and send it back (with video) I know there would be at least one shooter (sucker) that would shoot it Wink.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the shooting event today Karl. Austin and I had a great time.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very happy everyone had a great time.

May I suggest a moving target for next time?

They use them in Sweden, and sometimes they produce hilarious results!

We were in Sweden and had to take a shooting test to get our moose hunting license.

You shoot at a stationary moose, and then you shoot at a moving moose.

They operate it with a bicycle wheel, manually.

A friend from Austria, had a 375H&H to hunt moose.

He also had a set trigger.

The Swedes there never saw a big gun as his, and started calling it a CANON!

Gerhard got ready to shoot the moving moose, and set his trigger!

As the moose started moving, he fired.

Hitting the ground half way to it!

I think we had to have a break for a bit, as everyone there was having difficulty controlling themselves of laughter! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Very happy everyone had a great time.

May I suggest a moving target for next time?

They use them in Sweden, and sometimes they produce hilarious results!

We were in Sweden and had to take a shooting test to get our moose hunting license.

You shoot at a stationary moose, and then you shoot at a moving moose.

They operate it with a bicycle wheel, manually.

A friend from Austria, had a 375H&H to hunt moose.

He also had a set trigger.

The Swedes there never saw a big gun as his, and started calling it a CANON!

Gerhard got ready to shoot the moving moose, and set his trigger!

As the moose started moving, he fired.

Hitting the ground half way to it!

I think we had to have a break for a bit, as everyone there was having difficulty controlling themselves of laughter! clap

I am planning on doing this again next year and will definitely be moving targets.

Karl Evans