New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Rifle Challenge Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted
Anyone from Accurate Reloading going this year? June 10 in Libby MT. We used to get a good showing of folks from AR(pre-covid). Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am. I'll have a 600 Overkill there for anyone who wants to give it a try.

Posts: 1220 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Bitteroot, several years ago at one of our Texas DRSS shoots, we had a fellow named Big Doggy who came down with a bunch of Big Bores. I fired his 600 Overkill and still have the headstamped brass for it somewhere. Looking forward to seeing you there, and hopefully, some of the old regulars! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post

Posts: 38487 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The second and third boys shooting the 600 OK were leaning into it way too much. You're not going to stop the recoil with an aggressive stance. It just hurts you more. Stand up straight and roll with it.
Just my two cents. Wink

Posts: 1220 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bigdoggie2bore....that was Ken Greenley. Ken was truly a big bore fanatic. I remember he once had a revolver built in 460 Wby. It blew up and broke his hand the first time he fired it. He was having a 2-bore BP rifle built when he passed away 5-6 years ago.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne,
The second "boy" shooting the 600 happened to be the owner of the rifle at that time. I know for fact he had fired over 500 rounds through the rifle and hit everything he shot at. The 3rd boy, well I can't comment about Jason. He barely weighed a buck and a half back then.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote