Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 win brass Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just looked on the Midway web page. Looks like they finally have some fresh winchester 458 win brass. I hope its not a mistake.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I was down to my last 160 new brass and am happy as hell to get an additional 500. I'm set for as long as I can still shoot big stuff.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I called wholesale sports in Alberta and was told that along with the 375H&H brass it is now a dicontinued product.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

As of 10:00am CST they had approximately 250 bags of Winchester .458WM brass. 50 rounds per bag @ $29.50 each.

www.midwayusa.com

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway web site shows that it's all gone.

But Natchez shooters supply shows stock at a slightly lower price. They just won't ship to Georgia. Frowner

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
But Natchez shooters supply shows stock at a slightly lower price. They just won't ship to Georgia.

I am curious as to why not?

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Mississippian, Natchez will not sell to a few of the local states. They have some sort of agreement with local companies. I guess if they sold to locals it would take business away from the smaller guys. I called them once to make an order. They got most of my info, but when I gave them my mailing address they told me that they could not sell to me. It was a bummer because they had some good deals at the time.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Natchez will not sell to a few of the local states.

Thats too bad! Fortunately, Mississippi is not one of those states.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IIRC, it's Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a 100 from Natchez so, I guess they still have some.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That didnt last long, good thing I got my order in. Hopefully someone will take notice and lengthen the "season".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:
Just ordered a 100 from Natchez so, I guess they still have some.

No luck finding it on website.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Robert405
posted Hide Post
If you want to know where it all went, take a look at how much has appeared on ebay in the last few days.

Posts: 150 | Location: GA. | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
winchester has put the winmag and HH cases on "seaonal" runs, like the 358 winchester.

they have disco'ed the 300 HH ...
I haven't heard that for the 375

guess hornady is killing their biz there

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found and bought 3 bags today in case I can't find in the future..It looks like I am destined for Africa and the 458WM will be my rifle.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeez, I guess I'm lucky that I happened on the post at the right time. My Midway order just arrived today and the postal monkeys attempted to do their destructive testing on my package. Good thing Midway put in lots of "popcorn" in the package before shipping it out to me.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow I'm glad I stocked up on this stuff a couple years ago. I've got enough to get me thru with all my rifles for a long time.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote