Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cz550 stock options Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I looking for a slimmer style stock for my cz550 safari magnum 458 Lott. The factory wood is very bulky. Looking for something that will handle the recoil but be much slimmer. Any know there are aftermarket makers but without having one to handle its a shot in the dark. What's your experiences and or opinions. Thanks

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
do you have the hogback or american stock? BTW, the stock was one of the things the 602 did better than the 550

but, if you want to solve the big and bulky problem?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38487 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've the B&C Medalist stock on all four of my CZ 550's. The safari magnums all have the same "American" style to them and I don't find them overly bulky. The palm swell is welcomed. I'm not a huge fan of the "Varmint" style version I have on a 308, but that's the only version they offer for the DBM set up of the short actions.

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The less wood the better suits me, I like the English stye stocks best..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For me I couldn't get my face low enough to see the open sights. The factory stock was cumbersome and the rifle handled poorly.

I had the factory stock slimmed down considerably and restyled. It totally transformed the feel and handling of the rifle. It now feels much more lively.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I restocked a Winchester M70 that already had a Ramline synthetic stock. The replacement stock I had made was done by Brown Precision in Cameron, Texas, and made to my specs. As I live in New Zealand I took a bit of a punt on their stock being suitable and am pleased to say I am very happy with it. Mark Brown was great to deal with and communicated throughout to ensure we were both on the same page.
Would be worth asking them if they can custom make a stock for your CZ550.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just mounted a bell and carlson. Pleased with the fit and feel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The B&C stock is a good option if you are going synthetic. They look and feel much better than the factory stock.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote