THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Ongoing discussion - 380 gr Rhino
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ongoing discussion - 380 gr Rhino Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris,Warrior,Truvelloshooter,
quote:
Rhino Bullets published the following notice on their website with regard to exporting their product to the USA:
What is the inference here? Because a company feels that they are denied a particular market, rightly or wrongly, no one else should be allowed to trade in that market?

Import permits can be renewed.

GS Custom has jumped through the required hoops to register as a South African Importer/Exporter and does their own shipping and documentation. A company not so registered in SA will find importing and exporting a very tedious operation. Shipping does not cost GSC R48.00 per kg.

GSC complies with all local laws and has a growing foreign dealer network in place that includes the USA. GSC is negotiating with a European company regarding central Europe and looking for a Scandinavian distributor.

I wish to say to the members of the AR Forum:

I apologise for the animosity shown over time by myself towards Chris Bekker. It is truly regrettable. There is a long history to this and it has culminated in what we see here and now.

The inference that GSC is somehow engaging in some illegal activity or encouraging others to do so, is further proof to GSC that there is an agenda afoot. We appeal to other SA bullet manufacturers to not partake in, or allow their representatives or "fans", to engage in such activity. GSC has asked loyal customers who wished to make comment in defense of GSC, to refrain from doing so, in order to not allow an escalation of these activities. GSC did so again, recently. This can be seen in the tone and reason of those customers who have spoken in GSC's defense and the absense of retorts that were escalating between Bekker and another customer of GSC.

In my personal capacity I have asked Kobus of Rhino Bullets to do this with specific regard to Chris Bekker on two occasions. I have also pointed this out to Kobus on this forum. Officially Rhino Bullets maintain that they have no control over what Chris Bekker does. Chris Bekker also denies any ties with Rhino Bullets. On 25 July 2005 I stated in a post directed to Kobus:

"You could have prevented this exchange from developing years ago by simply telling your associates to promote your products without continuously sniping at imaginary flaws in ours. You were happy for them to do so while I bit my tongue and replied by pointing out their lack of technical accuracy and leaving your products out of the discussion. Now that I follow your tactics and point out actual flaws that exist in your products, you seem to have a problem.

We can call it a day and return to sensibility or we can continue, I have lots more where these came from."

At that stage I firmly believed that Bekker had some association with Rhino.

Still in my personal capacity I want to point out that I have never instigated any attacks on another manufacturer. Neither has GSC. I only react to comment regarding GSC products and where such comment is derogatory, incorrect or a lie, I defend GSC as the originator and designer of many of the GSC products, even though I act in my private capacity in this regard.

The fact that this continuous bickering is damaging to the companies and products involved is regrettable but, logically, I cannot allow uninformed individuals, with an agenda of damaging GSC, to continue unchecked. Experience in the past has shown that such attacks will simply escalate in severity if left unchallenged and, ultimately, that causes GSC more damage.

The solution is a simple one. If Bekker indeed has no ties with Rhino Bullets and Kobus feels, as I do, that his attacks on GSC specifically is unwarranted and should stop, being unfounded and damaging to both companies, I request that he makes a statement in this regard and desist from feeding Bekker further material to continue his campaign. These steps have been taken by other companies and associations, regarding Bekker's actions, and put a stop to his making mention of them and using them to further his agenda.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard, I mean you no ill will, but your rebuttal is pretty one-sided. Needless to say I reject the various unfounded allegations made. The tone of language and disrespect is the regrettable issue for me. I am a Rhino customer, just like you have various customers that attacked Rhino bullets. I have complimented your bullets many a time, but we essentially differ on the velocity issue. That is the main reason why our personal relations have drifted apart as evidenced in protracted bickerings. There is no reference nor inference that GSC is breaking the law at all. Rhino stated their position and cannot export at the moment - that is all. No agenda as you try to make out. Rat Motor's agenda against Rhino Bullets for example is pretty indicative. He requested to see some pictures of where Rhino bullets performed, and I obliged and so I had to request e-mails of customers from Kobus. I repeat that I am independent and do not act on Kobus' behalf. I use Rhino bullets where it suits me, and you may not know, but I have also critized some bullets of Rhino and I have discussed it with Kobus and there is no hard feelings. As far as bullet making is concerned, let me say again, your product is state of the art.

You need no statement from Kobus, but I am willing that we bury axes, and offer you a hand of friendship.
All you need to say is yes, let us shake hands and I will come to you and take your hand like a man.
And I will also apologise for anything that have made you upset in the past.
I am humble enough to take it on me to mend fences.

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris,Warrior,Truvelloshooter,
quote:
The tone of language and disrespect is the regrettable issue for me.
Indeed the tone of language is regrettable. Especially your direct crude insults that have no foundation in the technical aspects of your "debate".
quote:
I am a Rhino customer, just like you have various customers that attacked Rhino bullets.
Name me one who has "attacked" Rhino bullets without having used them.
quote:
we essentially differ on the velocity issue
That is rich. You differ on any issue you can dream up, even imaginary ones.
quote:
Rat Motor's agenda against Rhino Bullets for example is pretty indicative.
Indicative of what? He used them, he did not like the results and he said so. He points to your double standards and you call it an attack on Rhino.
quote:
He requested to see some pictures of where Rhino bullets performed, and I obliged and so I had to request e-mails of customers from Kobus.
Rat Motor expressed his dislike of the product and ridiculed the way in which you "promote" the product. Now you play innocent and use that as an excuse why you requested more information from Rhino. Do you expect anyone to believe that you were not deliberately baiting him?
quote:
You need no statement from Kobus, but I am willing that we bury axes, and offer you a hand of friendship.
Regrettably, after six years of constant harrassment from you, I do not trust you in the least. I am advised to let my statement, as repeated below, stand unchanged.

quote:
If Bekker indeed has no ties with Rhino Bullets and Kobus feels, as I do, that his attacks on GSC specifically is unwarranted and should stop, being unfounded and damaging to both companies, I request that he makes a statement in this regard and desist from feeding Bekker further material to continue his campaign. These steps have been taken by other companies and associations, regarding Bekker's actions, and put a stop to his making mention of them and using them to further his agenda.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,

That is fine then with me if you want it this way. I have tried, but you have elected not to reconcile. You obviously think that you smell like roses, and as such, I quit my debate with you and no furher comment from me in this futile endeavour.

Warrior

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rat Motor:
You are right if I bought GS the first time I would have stopped there but I had to work my way through the lies to get there. If it was only me I would say maybe it is an isolated case but two of my buddies had the same experience. We were at the range late last year and a guy showed us a rhino that he recovered and it was not expanded at all. Sometimes it is easier to make good advertising than a good product. We see this in the motor trade often.

Rat Motor,

1) What do you mean ... "I had to work my way through the lies"? Who lied to you about Rhino bullets?
2) What do you mean ... "Sometimes it is easier to make good advertising than a good product."

So the product is bad, but the advertising is good.
But the the first statement suggest lies in the advertising.
And so you claim, you were mislead by false advertising.
Interesting, despite the numerous examples of good performance pulished here.
Just tell us what were these lies, that made you so upset?

Warrior

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
1) What do you mean ... "I had to work my way through the lies"? Who lied to you about Rhino bullets?
The rhino website and the dealer I bought them from. I doubt that one of the bullets I fired on game expanded. Two of my friends had the same problem and we saw a guy on the range that showed us a rhino that did not expand.
quote:
2) What do you mean ... "Sometimes it is easier to make good advertising than a good product."
What I mean is:"Sometimes it is easier to make good advertising than a good product."

Posts: 218 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This whole thread is getting ridiculous. I suggest you guys take it private. This is not doing either GS or Rhino any good. I don't think I would use either bullet after reading through this.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
465H&H, follow this link to understand the unacceptable situation that came about in this thread.

Posts: 145 | Location: RSA | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Springtrap

I went to your link but I had already been there. It just reinforces my comments above.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just put Warrior/Chris/etc/ on ignore, and Mekulander whatever, and, it's sort of fun reading some of Gerards' comments.

Still, I wish he'd spend that time making bullets, and shipping them to me...

Dr. S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GS:
I just put Warrior/Chris/etc/ on ignore ... and, it's sort of fun reading some of Gerards' comments.

Still, I wish he'd spend that time making bullets, and shipping them to me...

Dr. S.

clap beer thumb salute

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote