New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bubba had a big bore Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
Take a look at this rifle coming up for auction. If the link doesn't take you directly to the rifle it's lot #141. I've seen this cartridge before known as the 510 Wells. Comes with a Bubba inspired scope as well.

I'm sure your PH would be impressed if you were to show up on a DG hunt with this rifle.

https://www.proxibid.com/Weath...Information/78353018

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very impressive...however, see lot 143 in the same auction....now that is a manly man's rifle!!! ..a 20mm cannon shell necked down to a .950 caliber bolt action.....just what i need for one of our windy Wyoming days for a prairie dog gun!!!!..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
High bid of $180!

Affordable too! Never heard of a leupold mk 4 scope with 1-16 x magnification…

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
very impressive...however, see lot 143 in the same auction....now that is a manly man's rifle!!! ..a 20mm cannon shell necked down to a .950 caliber bolt action.....just what i need for one of our windy Wyoming days for a prairie dog gun!!!!..

Now that's a coincidence. Since only three of these guns were made according to the ad, the odds are 1 in 3 that I may have met the owner of that gun. There was a guy in my gun club who owned one of those rifles. We gave him the nickname of Dangerous Dan given what he shot. He also had a 458 Win. mag handgun. Haven't seen or heard anything about him in years and he was in his mid 80's then. The last time we spoke I mentioned that I'd like to take one shot with that monster. I'm 6' 180 lbs and he looked me up and down and stated "you ain't big enough to shoot that gun."

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
looks like a shop mule or lost bet

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And what is with all that yellow crap around the scope bases. Couldn’t clean it up for the pics?

posted Hide Post
Looks like Scott from Kentucky Ballistics bought the .950 JDJ from this auction.

How many toilets can you shoot through with one brass solid from .950 JDJ? Tune in and see!

The 950 JDJ FAT MAC (The World’s Most Powerful Rifle!!!)

Posts: 1 | Location: VA | Registered: 08 April 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nope. I'll stick with my trusty .500 A-Square, a/k/a the .510 Weatherby Magnum.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote