New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frederick Forsyth
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone read "The Cobra"?......anyone read "The Avenger"? Good reading but read the Avenger first. Not necessary but will help.Makes you want another.EVERYONE please throw in your interests concerning Fred's works. Blessings all.

Posts: 4213 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently finished "The Fist of God". Good story about the first Gulf war.

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I have not read Cobra yet but I have read Avenger and a quite a bit of Frederick Forsyth's work. He and Clancy are my favorite authors.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also recommend his book of short stories "No comebacks". All of the tales are good but my favorite is 'A Careful man". I recommend it highly.Feedback appreciated.

Posts: 4213 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
His "Day of the Jackal," "Dogs of War," "Odessa File" and "The Fist of God" made me a Forsyth fan, but I'm sorry to say I've not read anything by him recently. Will look for "The Cobra" and "The Avenger." Thanks.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill. if you read nothing else;read the short tale of " A Careful Mam" In the short stories volume of "No Comebacks" is required. God Bless you +good reading.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Will look for it. Thanks.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Bill. if you read nothing else, read the short tale of " A Careful Man" In the short stories volume of "No Comebacks" is required.

+1 but shades of O.Henry. Possibly his inspiration.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorites from "No Comebacks" were the title story, "There are No Snakes in Ireland", and one that I think was titled "Duty". Read those many, many times in High School.

The Dogs of War, The Day of the Jackal and the Odessa File are all great reads, liked The Fourth Protocol too, haven't read the more recent stuff.

Matt Romagnuolo

Posts: 100 | Location: All over, US Army | Registered: 23 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let us not forget "The Veteran". A book of short stories. The last one in the book was my favorite.I forget the name of the story at present but concerned a character who was the sole survivor of the Little Big Horn + SOOOO much more. I think the name of the story was "Whispering Wind".I envy all who have not read this as of yet their first read.