The Accurate Reloading Forums
Frederick Forsyth

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4521043/m/9811057561

03 November 2011, 08:57
Norman Conquest
Frederick Forsyth
Has anyone read "The Cobra"?......anyone read "The Avenger"? Good reading but read the Avenger first. Not necessary but will help.Makes you want another.EVERYONE please throw in your interests concerning Fred's works. Blessings all.
04 November 2011, 07:31
odies dad
I recently finished "The Fist of God". Good story about the first Gulf war.
05 November 2011, 18:45
BlackHawk1
I have not read Cobra yet but I have read Avenger and a quite a bit of Frederick Forsyth's work. He and Clancy are my favorite authors.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!
06 November 2011, 08:45
Norman Conquest
I also recommend his book of short stories "No comebacks". All of the tales are good but my favorite is 'A Careful man". I recommend it highly.Feedback appreciated.
06 November 2011, 16:08
billrquimby
His "Day of the Jackal," "Dogs of War," "Odessa File" and "The Fist of God" made me a Forsyth fan, but I'm sorry to say I've not read anything by him recently. Will look for "The Cobra" and "The Avenger." Thanks.

Bill Quimby
07 November 2011, 08:37
Norman Conquest
Bill. if you read nothing else;read the short tale of " A Careful Mam" In the short stories volume of "No Comebacks" is required. God Bless you +good reading.
07 November 2011, 11:26
billrquimby
Will look for it. Thanks.

Bill Quimby
08 November 2011, 10:59
Code4
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Bill. if you read nothing else, read the short tale of " A Careful Man" In the short stories volume of "No Comebacks" is required.

+1 but shades of O.Henry. Possibly his inspiration.
11 November 2011, 18:00
Romag
My favorites from "No Comebacks" were the title story, "There are No Snakes in Ireland", and one that I think was titled "Duty". Read those many, many times in High School.

The Dogs of War, The Day of the Jackal and the Odessa File are all great reads, liked The Fourth Protocol too, haven't read the more recent stuff.

Matt Romagnuolo
13 November 2011, 07:23
Norman Conquest
Let us not forget "The Veteran". A book of short stories. The last one in the book was my favorite.I forget the name of the story at present but concerned a character who was the sole survivor of the Little Big Horn + SOOOO much more. I think the name of the story was "Whispering Wind".I envy all who have not read this as of yet their first read.