THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Neumann, Baldwin, Lander, Lyell, Park, LeVaillant... Any first editions lover here?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neumann, Baldwin, Lander, Lyell, Park, LeVaillant... Any first editions lover here?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wondering if there are first editions aficionados here?

I have a few, mostly on African travel, exploration, and big game, and of course am always on the lookout for more...

Since collectors most always have some duplicate items, trading a book here and there could be a possibility. Or exchanging tips when someone sees one for sale that he already has, but which is on someone else's wish list.

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hi Philip,

Hope that you're well up there?

I'm a great lover of signed first editions and have quite a wide collection....... once I have them, even if I have duplicates, I never part with them though.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this: http://www.shakariconnection.com/bookshelf.html

susan and I have been building the site for the last year and it's still expanding but the bad news is that I must be the site's biggest customer! Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve!

Things are great... Busy loafing on the veranda, enjoying the afternoon sun setting on Lake Victoria. My sister on the phone was bitterly complaining about snow, snow, and snow, I had to interrupt to ask "What exactly is snow???"

I checked the link, great work you've done! Wonderful resource.

I have some duplicates, I'll get a list done the next snowy morning... Wink

Some Stanley, Patterson, Capstick, a few 18th Century travel accounts, maybe a Baker, and other books I'll have to check.

If you have a "Wish List", I'll give you a shout anytime I see one passing under my nose.

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hi Philip,

I know what you mean about the weather. I enjoy saying the same thing to my brother in England!

Glad you enjoyed the site. We're getting close to having that section finished now but the site seems to have a life of its own and just never stops growing!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THere is a guy selling a bunch of first editions in the ARBAY. The prices seem a bit high, but he may have what you are looking for.

Posts: 10207 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have alot of first Editions I could part with.Jock of the Bushveld,Out of Africa and a bunch more.I have tons of old classic African books plus a bunch of the older Trophy room books,Wolfe,and Safari press .I have a ton of first Editions of ruarks books.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought this weekend Land of Elephants 1st Edition from Z.Szechenyi for 80 Euro. Wonder how much cost it elswhere ?

Seloushunter coffee

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I have a few old first edition books that I love. In particular, WDM Bell's "Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter" I bought that book in 1976 or 77 and love it.

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Steve,
Nice collection you have going. I've just started on my 'library'. Been trying to stick with 1st ed. signed when possible but many of them are quite expensive.
Do you find books overseas accessible or are most of yours purchased in the States?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote