New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elgin Gates Trophy Hunter in Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife stopped by a little second hand shop in Big Piney, and came up with a BRAND NEW copy hardcover, 1994 edition for the princely sum of $2.00 not a mark on it or the glossy dust cover.. never been cracked.. lots of black and white photos of Gates, Jack O'Conner, Herb Klein and other hunters of the day.. Les

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Les Staley:
My wife stopped by a little second hand shop in Big Piney, and came up with a BRAND NEW copy hardcover, 1994 edition for the princely sum of $2.00 not a mark on it or the glossy dust cover.. never been cracked.. lots of black and white photos of Gates, Jack O'Conner, Herb Klein and other hunters of the day.. Les

Congratulations on a great buy on the Gates' book. However, you might want to check the various threads here and the AR African Hunting forum about Elgin Gates before you believe everything you read.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill: thanks for the heads up... I'll read it with a grain or two of salt.. I have a friend who is friends with Butch, Elgin's son.. in Idaho Falls, Idaho.. he has most of his dad's trophys.. Les

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote